Question New build --- gaming performance is below my expectations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesinos

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
Good evening guys,
I have been doing research online trying to optimize the performance of my PC. The benchmark results are okay but the performance in games is below my expectations and capabilities of my hardware.

My setup:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B550 Gaming X V2
CPU: Ryzen 5 5500 3.60 GHz
GPU: Radeon RX 6600XT 8GB PowerColor - The card is seated into PCIE 4.0 slot
RAM: 2x8GB GOODRAM 3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 980 1TB
Power Supply: SILENTIUMPC Elementum E2 550W 80 Plus
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

I am using a 100Hz monitor - Lenovo G24e-20 23,8'' and playing on 1920x1080 resolution.

What I have tried already:
  • Used DDU and reinstalled the drivers/ I also tried using AMD Clean up to do the same
  • I tried using AMD Software Adrenaline and Pro versions
  • My BIOS is up to date
  • I am using the Ultimate Power Plan - it did not yield much results
  • Prevented Windows from automatically updating my drivers
  • Did some tweaking in the Adrenaline AMD software concerning max fan % and max power supply of the GPU %, I also tried increasing the minimum MHz of the GPU but it also did not yield any results.
I am thinking that the issue may be on the hardware side but everything was installed carefully and properly.

I am attaching the Benchmark tests I did but I want to stress that the issue occurs in games like CS:GO (150-250 fps) and League of Legends where I get around 100 fps which for me is not enough taking into account the setup. Honestly I am losing hope on how to fix that, if anybody has any solutions I will be gladly to try them. I can also still return the hardware I bought if there will be such necessity.

As I don't know how to attach photos here I give you the WeTransfer link to download the screenshots directly.

Lutfij

Titan
My BIOS is up to date
For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at this moment of time?

RAM: 2x8GB GOODRAM 3200MHz
As for your platform, you would've been able to eek out a little more performance with a DDR4-3600MHz dual channel ram kit.

Power Supply: SILENTIUMPC Elementum E2 550W 80 Plus
How old is the PSU in your build?

lesinos

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
Everything that I mentioned before is 1 week old. I have just started using my new PC. I'm not sure about the 3600 MHz as officially my CPU supports up to 3200 MHz. I have checked the BIOS version and it is F15.

lesinos

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
The 5500 isn't all that stellar of a CPU. It's basically a 5600g, without the IGP. That said, make sure you have XMP enabled, for your ram.
I checked and in the task manager the RAM is said to run at 2666MHz where it can run at 3200 MHz I will head to BIOS to check if this solution yields results. Btw have you looked into the userbenchmark results I posted before? Does everything seem okay?

I checked and in the task manager the RAM is said to run at 2666MHz where it can run at 3200 MHz I will head to BIOS to check if this solution yields results. Btw have you looked into the userbenchmark results I posted before? Does everything seem okay?
cpu looks fine, gpu also looks fine, ram is missing XMP, during benchmark something was running in background eating 24% of your CPU power

your bios is not up to date, you have agesa 1.2.0.7 which is performance wise fine, but 1.2.0.8 is available, it has some security fixes (no performance diff)

Reactions: drivinfast247

lesinos

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
cpu looks fine, gpu also looks fine, ram is missing XMP, during benchmark something was running in background eating 24% of your CPU power

your bios is not up to date, you have agesa 1.2.0.7 which is performance wise fine, but 1.2.0.8 is available, it has some security fixes (no performance diff)
Thanks for the insight I enabled XMT memory in task manager shows to run at 3200 MHz now

Here are the updated version of the userbenchmark and RAM seems much better:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/59632068

lesinos

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
I will now try and open League of Legends and CS:GO to see if there are improvements. I also have Hogwart's Legacy downloaded so maybe that would be better source of data?

Status
Not open for further replies.