New Build - Gaming/Video Editing

Zaofato

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Hey Guys, i'm looking to build a new system for gaming recording games and video editing. This is what I have so far.

Coolermaster HAF X Case

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Intel Z87 (Socket 1150)

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 WindForce 3x OC 2048MB GDDR5

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 850W V2 High Performance '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply

Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600mhz Vengeance Memory

Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive

I've got a budget of about £1000 at the moment, but i can do minor tweaks in following months, looking to buy this at the start of September.

i'm not planning on overclocking this.

Thanks

Solution
Good build. Here are a few observations:

- PSU: For a few extra bucks, I would get something in the HX series because not only they're higher quality but most of all they're modular (meaning less cables laying around in your case). Also 850-Watt seems a little overkill for your setup, so you could settle for a HX750 for example.

- HDD: Now I understand you have a budget limit, but video editing requires a lot of writing to the disk. Something like 2 x WD 1TB "Red" in Raid 0 would be better suited for video editing. Or one single large SSD, they make 1TB SSD now but I know they're expensive, you could check 512GB models instead, but yeah still expensive, lol.

MC_K7

Distinguished
Good build. Here are a few observations:

- PSU: For a few extra bucks, I would get something in the HX series because not only they're higher quality but most of all they're modular (meaning less cables laying around in your case). Also 850-Watt seems a little overkill for your setup, so you could settle for a HX750 for example.

- HDD: Now I understand you have a budget limit, but video editing requires a lot of writing to the disk. Something like 2 x WD 1TB "Red" in Raid 0 would be better suited for video editing. Or one single large SSD, they make 1TB SSD now but I know they're expensive, you could check 512GB models instead, but yeah still expensive, lol.

Solution