Question New build get EZ Debug CPU light and doesn’t post.

Jan 31, 2019
So i just built a new computer and after turning it on the computer doesn’t post and the EZ Debug CPU light is on. I have checked all the cables and rebuilt it 3 times. I’ve reset the CMOS, reseated the CPU, changed out the ram tried running without the ram, different cpu cooler, different psu, and replaced the processor and motherboard and i’m still getting the same error.

Parts-
Mobo - MSI z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
CPU - i7-9700k
GPU - EVGA Titan X
RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
PSU - RM1000X
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240L
Storage - 1tb M.2

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
CPU debug LED means that MoBo can't connect with CPU.

Did you make sure that there are no bent/broken pins in the LGA1151 socket on the MoBo? Since either your Core i7 is DOA, there are bent/broken pins in CPU socket or MoBo is DOA.

To test if it's MoBo issue, use any other, known to work Intel 8th or 9th gen CPU. If your PC boots up fine, your Core i7 is dead. If you get the same error, issue is with MoBo.
Though, to test it fully, you'd also need another, again, known to work, 300-series MoBo where you could put your Core i7 and look if it works in there.

You say that you've replaced CPU and MoBo already. Where the replacements due to the RMA or do you have them as spare parts? If RMA, then do note that you can get DOA parts from RMA as well.

Jan 31, 2019
CPU debug LED means that MoBo can't connect with CPU.

Did you make sure that there are no bent/broken pins in the LGA1151 socket on the MoBo? Since either your Core i7 is DOA, there are bent/broken pins in CPU socket or MoBo is DOA.

To test if it's MoBo issue, use any other, known to work Intel 8th or 9th gen CPU. If your PC boots up fine, your Core i7 is dead. If you get the same error, issue is with MoBo.
Though, to test it fully, you'd also need another, again, known to work, 300-series MoBo where you could put your Core i7 and look if it works in there.

You say that you've replaced CPU and MoBo already. Where the replacements due to the RMA or do you have them as spare parts? If RMA, then do note that you can get DOA parts from RMA as well.
Through RMA, I will test another CPU tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I looked at the pins and they were all fine.

Jul 26, 2019
yep same here ...pins looked ok ...and then I got the webcam out and zoomed in and guess what ? I bent the pins in the socket !. z 390 gammy edge :=( very delicate stuff