AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor
ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
OLOy 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Patriot Burst 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
ASRock Radeon RX 570 8 GB Phantom Gaming D Video Card
Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case
Raidmax 530 W Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Built my first PC (have tinkered/and installed many parts before, but never a completely new build). Am having some trouble now.
I got most everything put together besides the HDD (slow shipping). So I was able to install windows on the SSD and everything seemed good. Then my Seagate HDD arrived and I installed it, only to have it load a completely green screen. Tried a few more times, unplugged PSU, tried again, same result.
I can still get into BIOS if I hit F2, but not sure if/what I need to change in the bios. As soon as I exit BIOS, same green screen. Once or twice, I have seen it briefly load to windows background, then immediately back to flickering black/green screen.
I have tried the HDMI output from the Mobo and get no signal, even after taking out the video card. (maybe a different issue?)
One more thing... There is a brief Sound/noise I hear right before the green screen appears on my TV. Like a really fast fan start up or something. (when it is outputting the green screen, the video card fans are on).

If I start it with the windows USB it will load that and display that stuff and install windows (once I convert the ssd to an MBT drive again).

I was going to do a macrium reflect copy of my old hard drive to the Patriot SSD (this hopefully will keep all of my programs and such?) and just use the 2tb HDD for storage.

I searched and found a lot of people had the "Green Screen Of Death", but not many with just a blank green screen.

I'm a noob, so take it easy on me! But if someone has some spare time to help me, I'd really appreciate it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS