Mar 8, 2020
I recently completed my first build, the hardware assembly went fine, but the software and drivers installation gave me some minor issues, which I solved but now I'm encountering the strangest issue with my MB displaying a VGA error via a white LED located on the MB along with a long beep, followed by I believe 3 beeps.

With my current setup is...

Asus RoG Z390-E Gaming MB
i9900k CPU
GeForce RTX 2080 Super from Nvidia
32GB of DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM (16x2)
NZXT Kraken AIO
G3 750 Watt Gold Rated PSU
M.2 SSD's and a WD Black HDD
Asus RoG G-Sync 165hz Monitor

I have no issues with any other aspect of my PC except for when I try to run games at higher than 60hz.

Yes, everything has the latest drivers installed as far as I know. With the most recent BIOS.

I did have one issue installing, or running the .exe for the VGA upgrade from the MB website, and one of the monitor updates (ASUS MultiFrame Software) wouldn't go through because it required an older version of Net Framework.. like 3.5 and I have 4.8. Idk what the deal is there?

In any case, TLDR; with no overclocking changes to the BIOS or Nvidia control panel, games run fine at 60hz but at anything higher causes the issue I first mentioned, my GPU has the latest drivers and is powered by two VGA cables from the PSU, and from the GPU to the monitor is a 1.2 Display Cable capable of 144hz. I use the Nvidia control panel to change my refresh rate, and double check it in advance display settings.

If anyone at all has a possible solution, or has any experience with this, any help would be appreciated.

I recently completed my first build, the hardware assembly went fine, but the software and drivers installation gave me some minor issues, which I solved but now I'm encountering the strangest issue with my MB displaying a VGA error via a white LED located on the MB along with a long beep, followed by I believe 3 beeps.

With my current setup is...

Asus RoG Z390-E Gaming MB
i9900k CPU
GeForce RTX 2080 Super from Nvidia
32GB of DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM (16x2)
NZXT Kraken AIO
G3 750 Watt Gold Rated PSU
M.2 SSD's and a WD Black HDD
Asus RoG G-Sync 165hz Monitor

I have no issues with any other aspect of my PC except for when I try to run games at higher than 60hz.

Yes, everything has the latest drivers installed as far as I know. With the most recent BIOS.

I did have one issue installing, or running the .exe for the VGA upgrade from the MB website, and one of the monitor updates (ASUS MultiFrame Software) wouldn't go through because it required an older version of Net Framework.. like 3.5 and I have 4.8. Idk what the deal is there?

In any case, TLDR; with no overclocking changes to the BIOS or Nvidia control panel, games run fine at 60hz but at anything higher causes the issue I first mentioned, my GPU has the latest drivers and is powered by two VGA cables from the PSU, and from the GPU to the monitor is a 1.2 Display Cable capable of 144hz. I use the Nvidia control panel to change my refresh rate, and double check it in advance display settings.

If anyone at all has a possible solution, or has any experience with this, any help would be appreciated.
Hmm, just curious as to why you would install motherboard video drivers at all if you aren’t using the motherboard video connections? Only video driver you needed was your GPU. Windows uses a generic driver in the case you’d ever need your onboard video settings temporarily.

Mar 8, 2020
Hmm, just curious as to why you would install motherboard video drivers at all if you aren’t using the motherboard video connections? Only video driver you needed was your GPU. Windows uses a generic driver in the case you’d ever need your onboard video settings temporarily.

I never went through with the VGA update to the MB.

Mar 8, 2020
Your monitor should have a toggle button that switches between refresh rates. Have you tried that?

The issue isn't setting it to 144hz, the issue is when I try to play at 144hz I get the white led on my MB and the beeping. I can only play at 60hz without this happening. But with my hardware I should easily be able to run 144hz...