[SOLVED] New build hanging during start up

Apr 23, 2020
Specs:
-CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
-PSU: corsair hx750
-GPU: MSI gtx760
-Motherboard: Asus prime b450-a/csm
-Memory: 2 x 16gb sticks hyperx fury (model: Hx426C16Fb3/16 )
-Storage: 120gb kingston ssd;

Hi, I just recently upgraded my motherboard, ram and CPU. The moment I turned it on I realized my computer was randomly freezing, After a lot of hours I realized that my memory was not compatible with my CPU, I fixed this by reducing the memory clockspeed to 2400mhz. So far so good.

The problem I am having at the moment is that whenever I use my pc for a while or if I stress the system too much, when I shut it down and turn it on again, it lasts much longer than expected (sometimes it just gets stuck , not that common tho) before showing off motherboard manufactorer logo where you can enter the bios. Usually it takes 4-5 seconds from the moment press the power button, to the moment the manufactorer logo shows up. But when the system gets stressed, it can go up to 15 seconds. Also my OS becomes erratic, my bios does work fine but my OS (Pop OS) no longer recognizes my input.

The way to fix this is to flip the PSU switch, and wait for the motherboard LEDS to turn off, this fixes the delayed startup and the input issues in my OS. I tried removing ram sticks, updating bios, defaulting bios settings and running the system outside of a case with minimal compontents attached (CPU, ram, graphics card, ssd, power switch, monitor and keyboard and mouse). I've tried 2 PSU's so I don't think that's the problem. My older system never had this issue (Different ram, cpu and motherboard). I cannot test mobo-ram-cpu independently because I don't have spare parts that are compatible. My only explanation is that the mobo is faulty or the ram-mobo compatibility is causing issues (The ram model is not on QVL list for my mobo)

Solution
Ram - check to see if your mobo is on their compatibility list.

Upgraded PC - Did you reinstall windows from scratch? It doesn't sound like it which means you may be running with the wrong or MS default drivers for your system.

popatim

Titan
Ram - check to see if your mobo is on their compatibility list.

Upgraded PC - Did you reinstall windows from scratch? It doesn't sound like it which means you may be running with the wrong or MS default drivers for your system.

Solution