[SOLVED] New build has failed miserably...I don't know what to do..I just need help

Jun 24, 2020
I built my first gaming rig.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: b450 aorus elite
RAM: 3200mhz 2x8 ddr4
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 super
PSU: EVGA 80+bronze 600-watt
MEMORY: 2tb hard drive, 500gb m.2 nvme.

I have experienced multiple (more than five) blue screens of death on my windows ten 64bit operating system. I try to play Warzone but I either get dev errors or the game crashes, and these have happened multiple times in a day, even while my PC is in safe mode. I downloaded all the latest drivers needed to run the PC and updated everything needed to run windows ten well. I have tried so many ways to troubleshoot and fix these things but these problems are getting too out of hand. I don't know what to do at this point whether it be replacement of some parts or just scrap the whole build. I also have three 120mm fans inside the case. It just sucks to see my hard work not perform to the fullest of its potential. If I could get any insight or help on this issue it would be great.
EDIT: If it has to come to it, I would be willing to purchase new parts needed.

Solution
It says the most recent windows ten updated version. "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". I used a flash drive to transfer windows from my laptop to my pc.

The blue screen has more information than that.

But it's probably irrelevant considering how you installed Windows. Windows is not designed to be modular in this fashion unless you have a very specific Windows-to-Go install. You need to download Windows install media to a USB drive from Microsoft's site and do a full, fresh install properly and then see if you still have an issue. The symptoms you describe are very frequently from an improper install like this; anything worth doing is worth doing correctly.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It says the most recent windows ten updated version. "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". I used a flash drive to transfer windows from my laptop to my pc.

But it's probably irrelevant considering how you installed Windows. Windows is not designed to be modular in this fashion unless you have a very specific Windows-to-Go install. You need to download Windows install media to a USB drive from Microsoft's site and do a full, fresh install properly and then see if you still have an issue. The symptoms you describe are very frequently from an improper install like this; anything worth doing is worth doing correctly.

Solution
Jun 24, 2020

I'm sorry, I was very vague in my explanation. I did do the windows install media on a flash drive and installed it

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm sorry, I was very vague in my explanation. I did do the windows install media on a flash drive and installed it

Shoot, that was the obvious problem. People like slapping their old Windows installs into new hardware. That would have been a relatively simple problem to solve!

There are typically additional blue screen messages. Next time you have one, take note of the stop code on the screen.

Jun 24, 2020
Reading this makes me even more disappointed in myself because I thought just because my laptop had Windows ten 64 bit, I’d be okay. Are there any other tips or things you’d like to tell me. I’m very new to the tech world and I’d appreciate the help.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Reading this makes me even more disappointed in myself because I thought just because my laptop had Windows ten 64 bit, I’d be okay. Are there any other tips or things you’d like to tell me. I’m very new to the tech world and I’d appreciate the help.

I don't understand this. What would your laptop having Windows 10 64-bit have to do with your Windows installation on a desktop PC?

Jun 24, 2020
I put the flash drive in my laptop, downloaded the install media onto the flash drive, put the flash drive into the new pc and installed windows onto the pc from the flash drive. Again, I’m sorry if my explanations are too vague, I just followed a Tutorial online on how to do it.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I put the flash drive in my laptop, downloaded the install media onto the flash drive, put the flash drive into the new pc and installed windows onto the pc from the flash drive. Again, I’m sorry if my explanations are too vague, I just followed a Tutorial online on how to do it.

OK, but the operating system for your laptop has nothing to do with the creation of the flash media.

I suspect there's a language barrier here, unfortunately. Can you verify that you took the exact steps from Microsoft's site?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
I built my first gaming rig.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: b450 aorus elite
RAM: 3200mhz 2x8 ddr4
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 super
PSU: EVGA 80+bronze 600-watt
MEMORY: 2tb hard drive, 500gb m.2 nvme.

I have experienced multiple (more than five) blue screens of death on my windows ten 64bit operating system. I try to play Warzone but I either get dev errors or the game crashes, and these have happened multiple times in a day, even while my PC is in safe mode. I downloaded all the latest drivers needed to run the PC and updated everything needed to run windows ten well. I have tried so many ways to troubleshoot and fix these things but these problems are getting too out of hand. I don't know what to do at this point whether it be replacement of some parts or just scrap the whole build. I also have three 120mm fans inside the case. It just sucks to see my hard work not perform to the fullest of its potential. If I could get any insight or help on this issue it would be great.
EDIT: If it has to come to it, I would be willing to purchase new parts needed.
did you update BIOS? i myself am trying to make a similar build with the same cpu/gpu and i have seen that sometimes the 450 and similar mbo's need BIOS update to work with ryzen 5 gen. Well since you did already play and PC works maybe it isn't an issue but you can try. Because basically everything should work, well OS somehow i guess might be a problem/some bug, try fresh win10 install. Also did u download the win10 install file which u put on you USb from microsoft directly?

Jun 24, 2020
did you update BIOS? i myself am trying to make a similar build with the same cpu/gpu and i have seen that sometimes the 450 and similar mbo's need BIOS update to work with ryzen 5 gen. Well since you did already play and PC works maybe it isn't an issue but you can try. Because basically everything should work, well OS somehow i guess might be a problem/some bug, try fresh win10 install. Also did u download the win10 install file which u put on you USb from microsoft directly?
The mobo I am using with my CPU has been shown to be compatible with the ryzen 3000 series, so I never knew I had to update the bios because the PC managed to post and I went into the BIOS menu multiple times. I downloaded the install media from the Windows website onto a flash drive from my laptop and used it to install windows onto my PC.

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
The mobo I am using with my CPU has been shown to be compatible with the ryzen 3000 series, so I never knew I had to update the bios because the PC managed to post and I went into the BIOS menu multiple times. I downloaded the install media from the Windows website onto a flash drive from my laptop and used it to install windows onto my PC.
you never know with software from my experience.best advice i can give are try fresh win10 install or BiOs update. But if u dont want to meddle with that now wait for more responses someone here must know something. Don't lose hope u just have some stupid little problem(y)

Reactions: default_tefe