Question (new build) having issues turning on computer

Jun 16, 2019
My computer has power i see the LED on my motherboard light up and also my gpu lights up. I think it has to do with my front connectors it only gave me the power switch and HDD LED. Ive flipped and move the power switch on the motherboard assuming i installed incorrectly but i dont think that is the problem. I think i have a bad cord for my power button?
SPECS
The case is Phanteks Pro M Tempered Glass Case, Black, PH-ES515PTG_BK
EVGA Supernova650 PSU
ASUS STRIX RX580 GPU
ASUS Strix B450-F Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 Ram

scroll to see images

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
The first reason could be that conector your motherboard camed with a manual that shows where and how to plug it
The second reason would be some cables that are not conected or not conected properly
I can't say exact beacouse the images are not showing up

Start button/switch is just a momentary, normally open switch, same as for a doorbell. If you suspect it or it's lead to be faulty, just find wher it connects on the MB (marked as PWRBTN# and Ground on the other side of System panel connector) and connect those 2 posts with small screwdriver for a second. If case has a reset switch, you can temporarily use it because it same type.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

Jun 16, 2019
Start button/switch is just a momentary, normally open switch, same as for a doorbell. If you suspect it or it's lead to be faulty, just find wher it connects on the MB (marked as PWRBTN# and Ground on the other side of System panel connector) and connect those 2 posts with small screwdriver for a second. If case has a reset switch, you can temporarily use it because it same type.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
i tried the screw driver and still nothing, could it be from installing the cpu incorrectly? this is my second build and i didnt feel like the cpu was fully in when i locked it down. Felt like it could pop out