[SOLVED] New build help! needed- Ryzen 9 or 7 - 1500€

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Hello!

I am building a new computer. It will not be used for gaming, but strong CPU and lot of RAM is preferred. Mostly for Virtual machines and lot of multitasking and CPU calculations and so.

So building on this site and 1500€ is 55000 Baht. That is preferred limit, however if additional money makes a huge jn in quality or is just so much better than we can do up to 1800€ or 65800 Baht.

This is what I came up with and am a bit over, so maybe can shave off something without really making the build worse? But since it is ryzen 9 build seems ok, I could downgrade even to Ryzen 7, but 9 would be really sweet. Can go for 650W PSU maybe, was thinking 3900 uses a lot more than 3700x and I am still awaiting some answer about android emulator and GPU importance. Might be possible to go with more entry level graphics as zero games will be played here. But running a lot of android emulators I noticed GPU was running on 100%, so maybe stronger would help.
https://www.jib.co.th/web/pcsetspec/main/1311107

Does it look ok, should I change some components, basically looking for best bang for the buck mostly, quality - stability wise, even if the price is a bit higher, if what you get is much better. Same going downwards in price.

1. I am the most unsure about motherboard! I read about X570 and B550 and even B450 options and a lot of different opinions about VRMs and quality and price, what is the best option. I will not be using double graphic cards for sure, but maybe 4th gen M.2 disk would be a cool add? Are there any other perks, like fast USB-c connections etc.? That would be cool as well. Mostly I am interested in longevity and that all runs ok though, internet and all being fine. Stability over really much additional stuff.

2. This RAM was cheapest, is it goos? I saw is also 3600mhz, versus corsair 3200 one, not sure about latency and how that affects everything.

3. Does it need stock CPU cooler? There will not be any overclocking done, but might get taxed 100% for longer periods doing some calcs.

So any advice appreciated, thank you!!

Solution
Your build looks good, as is. I'd probably get a 240mm AIO in there and maybe downsize the build to an matx build(case+motherboard). Outside of that, you're good!

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks for the answer!
I was not sure which case would be better, or smaller. Any recommendation?
I changed the build a bit, with 2x32GB RAM option so I can upgraded later, which can be useful.
I wanted to put 4th gen Aorus SSD, but is out of stock.

1. For GPU is Gigabyte for GPU good brand? the MSI Venus is also not available, so Asus TUF (but doesnt look to good) so I changed it for Gigabyte
https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/32768/GIGABYTE-GEFORCE-RTX-2060-OC-6G---6GB-GDDR6

2. For motherboard is Asus TUF Gaming B550-PLUS better? I watched some video that it has good VRM, not sure if the one I selected Aorus B550 Elite is good in this area as well? Also TUF has usb-c port, other than that they seem very similar. I always used Asus stuff, not sure if Gigabyte is also reliable?

3. I dont have an idea about coolers- AIO's: How would compare
ASUS TUF GAMING LC240 RGB 92 EUR,
Cooler Master Liquid ML240R RGB 109 EUR,
Deepcool Castle 280 ARGB 98 EUR,
Deepcool GAMAXX L240 RGB V2 62 EUR
Thermaltake TH240 ARGB SYNC 87 EUR
SILVERSTONE PF240-ARGB 73 EUR
Cougar AQUA 240 RGB 81 EUR
Corsair ICUE H100I RGB PRO XT 122 EUR

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks for confirmation!!

So for anyone interested:
1. I read actually that ZOTAC is also considered top brand in China and they have some OEM partnership with Nvidia that other brands don't have. EVGA and MSI are also considered top. Gigabyte I read mixed opinions about GPU's. So I just went with Zotac as others not available.

2. MAde a research Aorus has 12+2 phase VRM and Asus tuf 550 8+2. However debauer tested Asus TUF one and VRM temperatures were pretty low, have same as in Strix boards so is quality. Aorus one seem to have similar quality though and in one video I saw VRM staying in 60 degree region in HWmonitor, not sure how long was is under load though.

Went with Aorus personally and hope Gigabyte serves solid. VRM temps can be a problem in these chipsets it seems, so good to check on that.

3. I got recommended Deepcool Castle 280 for this price, looks good and does it job solidly. Corsair seems to have highest renome otherwise and is always a solid choice.