[SOLVED] New build help required.

Virtue5333

Distinguished
May 26, 2014
Good evening people.
I am deciding to build a mid range PC for 1080p gaming.
My specs will be the following:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QXtpxG

My main concerns are:

A) Is the PSU good enough or of good quality?

B) is the MOBO any good?
(I don't want to be updating the bios prior to using a Ryzen 5 2600 chip.)

(I am aware higher frequency RAM is better with the AMD Ryzen chips)
I will be planning to upgrade to 16GB RAM in the near future too.

All help is appreciated. Many thanks!

Solution
TXM is great quality. The RMx is better, but the TXM is a great unit.

B) is the MOBO any good?
This chipset does not need a BIOS update for the 2nd Gen Ryzen, only the 3rd Gen and some G version Ryzen.

Just remember it's better to buy the whole pack rather than some now, then add to it later, as mixing modules can cause issues.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
TXM is great quality. The RMx is better, but the TXM is a great unit.

B) is the MOBO any good?
This chipset does not need a BIOS update for the 2nd Gen Ryzen, only the 3rd Gen and some G version Ryzen.

Just remember it's better to buy the whole pack rather than some now, then add to it later, as mixing modules can cause issues.

Solution

Virtue5333

Distinguished
May 26, 2014
Many thanks for your reply.
My main concern was the PSU, as I don't have the PSU tier lost anymore and haven't been able to find the new one.
I plan to purchase 16GB of RAM to run in dual channel, and switch over the 8GB to another machine. I would never use different RAM modules as I am aware this can result in issues.

If I was to use a Ryzen 2400 chip with the same MOBO, would that require a bios update?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Many thanks for your reply.
My main concern was the PSU, as I don't have the PSU tier lost anymore and haven't been able to find the new one.
I plan to purchase 16GB of RAM to run in dual channel, and switch over the 8GB to another machine. I would never use different RAM modules as I am aware this can result in issues.

If I was to use a Ryzen 2400 chip with the same MOBO, would that require a bios update?
I'm going to guess you're referring to this one: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Either way, you can look up a review from someone like JonnyGuru/Oklahoma Wolf/KitGuru etc. and it gives you a much better idea of quality.

Correct. The 2400G should work out of the box with BIOS V10 on the MSI B450-M

Virtue5333

Distinguished
May 26, 2014
Your help is much appreciated.
I hate to be a pain in the backside, but....Is it worth it to upgrade to a better CPU cooler? Or will stock cooler be ok for the 2600 and 2400g?
I don't plan to OC for this build by the way.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Your help is much appreciated.
I hate to be a pain in the backside, but....Is it worth it to upgrade to a better CPU cooler? Or will stock cooler be ok for the 2600 and 2400g?
I don't plan to OC for this build by the way.
If you don't plan to OC, then the stock cooler will be fine.
Put it this way, stick to the stock cooler and if you're not happy, you can always upgrade later with no hassle :)

No pain at all my friend, just glad to help.

Reactions: Virtue5333