[SOLVED] new build help?

Jul 12, 2020
Budget (including currency): $2400 canadian
Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: i play cs:go, call of duty, world of warcraft, gta.
Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):
i need everything right down to the hdmi cable and power strip lol. i only use intel due to the horrible experience i had in the past with amd and now refuse to do business with a horrible company. plus from the benchmarks the 10400 out performs the 3600x in games anyways for the same price. prices reflect current pricing using available trusted retailers in canada. amazon (not marketplace sellers only amazon) and canada computers, as well as bestbuy and once again no marketplace sellers only from bestbuy. i only buy windows 10 key from windows certifed sellers so walmart, bestbuy, canada computers etc.i have budgeted for a 650 watt psu because i might want to upgrade later. i dont use knockoff brands or just plan cheap brands i want a reliable product. no rgb allowed ugh gross nasty
cpu​
$307​
10400​
mother board​
$212​
asus tuf b460 plus​
m.2 nvme​
$181​
western digital 1 tb​
power supply​
$181​
corsair rm650x​
ram​
$102​
corsair vengeence lpx 2666​
case​
$136​
cooler master nr600​
gpu​
$406​
Evga 1660 super sc​
windows​
$214​
keyboard/mouse​
$125​
logitech mk550​
monitor​
$400​
Samsung 32”​
flashdrive​
$10​
hdmi​
$15​
powerbar​
$5​
fans x2​
$50​
noctua nf-a12x25​

Solution
I am not gonna doubt your troubleshooting skill. But a Ryzen 3600 with a good Ryzen 3000 ready B450/550 Mobo coupled with a 3600mhz CL16 RAM listed on the QVL should not require any troubleshooting to play games.
the fact of the matter is that ive had such horrible experience with AMD in the past that i just cant bring myself to buy any of their products or recommend them to anyone. but im willing to loose abit of performance. if a better company came along and offered great products, great service and wonderful pricing i would be buying it today.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
plus from the benchmarks the 10400 out performs the 3600x in games anyways for the same price.]
That's a bit of a stretch there.
A Ryzen 3600x on a B450 board coupled with 3200Mhz CL16 RAM will outperform a 10400 on a B460 limited to 2666mhz. Even in gaming. And in media editing/creation, it'll be a ton faster. (I know intels don't care much about RAM frequencies, but a slightly increased frequency can give you just a little more juice)

Jul 12, 2020
I guess we will disagree as the benchmarks I’ve seen the 10400 outperforms the 3600 in games. I don’t care about media editing or creation. I don’t over clock so I don’t enable XMP either as that is over clocking not to mention the 10400 is about $50 cheaper in Canada than the 3600x and motherboards being the same price

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
I guess we will disagree as the benchmarks I’ve seen the 10400 outperforms the 3600 in games. I don’t care about media editing or creation. I don’t over clock so I don’t enable XMP either as that is over clocking not to mention the 10400 is about $50 cheaper in Canada than the 3600x and motherboards being the same price
The slight fps difference you're seeing will not be noticable in real life terms. And the fact that on almost any other scenario the Ryzen 3600 beats the intel is enough to make it a better choice. But if you're confident that you won't need the extra power the 3600 offers, and will be satisfied with just slightly higher single thread power, by all means, go for the intel.

Jul 12, 2020
for me performance is only one factor in whether buying amd or intel, others are pricing, reliability, customer service, most of my friends call me now pretty well every weekend saying they have a pc issue and asking me to troubleshoot and i tell them that have to figure it out for themselves its apart of owning a amd system, they wanted to get on the amd band wagon then they have to deal with the amd issues

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
for me performance is only one factor in whether buying amd or intel, others are pricing, reliability, customer service, most of my friends call me now pretty well every weekend saying they have a pc issue and asking me to troubleshoot and i tell them that have to figure it out for themselves its apart of owning a amd system, they wanted to get on the amd band wagon then they have to deal with the amd issues
The AMD issues were mainly caused due to systems and softwares which weren't property tuned to run well with Ryzens as AMD is quite new to CPUs. Problems occurred when the other components and softwares couldn't properly synchronize with Ryzens.

Nonetheless, they are improving everyday and many have already left intel due to mainly their premium price. You can almost always get a more powerful ryzen than intel for the same price.
And it's true that getting a ryzen to work perfectly requires some more knowledge than an intel.(which is another reason for those "AMD" problems.)
But if you ask me, Ryzen 3000s are very stable and not "problematic" if you know what you're doing.

Jul 12, 2020
The AMD issues were mainly caused due to systems and softwares which weren't property tuned to run well with Ryzens as AMD is quite new to CPUs. Problems occurred when the other components and softwares couldn't properly synchronize with Ryzens.

Nonetheless, they are improving everyday and many have already left intel due to mainly their premium price. You can almost always get a more powerful ryzen than intel for the same price.
And it's true that getting a ryzen to work perfectly requires some more knowledge than an intel.(which is another reason for those "AMD" problems.)
But if you ask me, Ryzen 3000s are very stable and not "problematic" if you know what you're doing.
i am very capable of troubleshooting but i would rather spend that time playing games and not troubleshooting. my experience with intel is build it turn it on and it works install a few updates no issues then start playing games. amd on the other hand is put everything together turn on install updates troubleshoot install more updates more troubleshooting then play games

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
i am very capable of troubleshooting but i would rather spend that time playing games and not troubleshooting. my experience with intel is build it turn it on and it works install a few updates no issues then start playing games. amd on the other hand is put everything together turn on install updates troubleshoot install more updates more troubleshooting then play games
I am not gonna doubt your troubleshooting skill. But a Ryzen 3600 with a good Ryzen 3000 ready B450/550 Mobo coupled with a 3600mhz CL16 RAM listed on the QVL should not require any troubleshooting to play games.

Jul 12, 2020
also not to mention ive had horrible experiences with amd in the past and the customer service was horrible so i refuse to do business with them. and a 3600x with 3600mhz ram would actually put me over budget

Jul 12, 2020
the fact of the matter is that ive had such horrible experience with AMD in the past that i just cant bring myself to buy any of their products or recommend them to anyone. but im willing to loose abit of performance. if a better company came along and offered great products, great service and wonderful pricing i would be buying it today.

Solution

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
I don't know what happened to you but it probably happened because it happened in the past. As time passes, Ryzens get better. So many people in this forum use ryzens now. Almost all of them will get a Ryzen anytime over an intel.
Anyway, I feel that your question has been answered and there's no need to battle over personal choices.
There's another awesome thing about Ryzen is that there's almost never a need for costly Mobo to support higher RAM or better features. That's why "Ryzen + Mobo + RAM" is often cheaper than "Intel + Mobo + RAM"