• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Build Advice New Build. Is it good?

Dec 8, 2019
Build: MY BUILD

This is my new build i just need the psu if anyone can recommend me a appropriate psu for this build i would appreciate.
Is it good? Is it a BottleNeck putting a R5 3600 with a Rx 5700 Xt? Btw its a budget build i dont want to pay a crazy price :D
Thanks. xoxo

larsv8

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2013
Well you are missing a few components LOL

If it is a budget build, the 3600 is a good choice, and the 5700xt is one of the best bang for your buck graphics cards. I might switch the mother board to the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, which is widely considered one of the best boards for the price. If it is a budget build, ditch the RGB on the RAM and save 30 bucks.

For power supplies, check here:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/power-supply-psu-models-what-to-buy-what-to-avoid-and-psu-discussion-thread.3212332/

DSzymborski

Champion
Dec 8, 2019
Well you are missing a few components LOL

If it is a budget build, the 3600 is a good choice, and the 5700xt is one of the best bang for your buck graphics cards. I might switch the mother board to the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, which is widely considered one of the best boards for the price. If it is a budget build, ditch the RGB on the RAM and save 30 bucks.

For power supplies, check here:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/power-supply-psu-models-what-to-buy-what-to-avoid-and-psu-discussion-thread.3212332/
In my country the RGB one is at the same price as the normal one so I think im going with that. Also Im going with that motherboard because my case only supports Micro-ATX and its cheaper. I would like to know if it is compatible with all the other components.

ASK THE COMMUNITY