Distinguished
Mar 15, 2013
Specs: Ryzen 3700x
Asus Tuf x570 gaming edge wifi
Asrock 5700xt OC Phantom Gaming
Team Force 3200 RGB 16gb
Rosewill Water cooler.
Gameforce 700W PSU

I have a new build that is restarting on initial boot up. will boot and then loop once or twice before allowing windows to load. I havent made any Bios changes other then enabling DOCP to run ram at advertised 3200 speed. Note that by enabling DOCP my CPU also seems to run at around 4200mhz instead of the base 3600.

I havent done much testing as I am a bit of a novice with builds. Hoping for some direction or a eureka moment to resolve this. Seems to be stable thru the day.

Solution
Has anyone experienced this before? Hoping for somewhere to look.

DOCP is the same thing as XMP, it should be on.

PBO is the auto clocking feature and make sure it's enabled. I left everything else on default or Auto.

The cpu will frequency will bounce around and this is normal for Ryzen. It's boosting as needed.

I installed Armory Crate and have used it since day one without any issue, knock on wood.

When in Windows you can open Armory and there is a page showing driver updates. Make sure they are installed.

Then go here and make sure you have the latest x570 chipset driver installed, you do this through Windows.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Once all the drivers are up to date run...
Specs: Ryzen 3700x
Asus Tuf x570 gaming edge wifi
Asrock 5700xt OC Phantom Gaming
Team Force 3200 RGB 16gb
Rosewill Water cooler.
Gameforce 700W PSU

I have a new build that is restarting on initial boot up. will boot and then loop once or twice before allowing windows to load. I havent made any Bios changes other then enabling DOCP to run ram at advertised 3200 speed. Note that by enabling DOCP my CPU also seems to run at around 4200mhz instead of the base 3600.

I havent done much testing as I am a bit of a novice with builds. Hoping for some direction or a eureka moment to resolve this. Seems to be stable thru the day.
Ryzen chips are set to auto turbo basically, and initally when you set your ram to docp allow faster speeds you allowed for faster data translating. Allowing cpu to turbo a little more. Basically advertised turbo speeds, you can disable it but no point might as well leave it ryzen's are built for getting the max out them.... As for the restary thing thats a hard one some asus boards will actually self multiboot a couble time "it's asus secure boot" making sure no backgroud loaders are beimg launched to bypass passwords and encryptions which is why i love asus tuff series self maintenance baaically

James Davis

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2013
Thanks Drew for responding. I am a bit confused by your post. Are you saying it is normal operation for an Asus board to reboot itself on startup? This reboot issue only happens with DOCP ON. If I disable it it will work normally.
Without DOCP my ram is running at 2400 instead of 3200. I was under the impression DOCP was to put it to the advertised speed. I also notice that with DOCP engaged, my CPU seems to go up to 4.2ghz instead of the factory 3.6.

I pray there is a resolution to this as it seems counter intuitive to have a new machine go thru a reboot on startup. I am happy to run tests and reports if anyone has an idea of where to start. Thanks again for your time.

Last edited:
Sorry for faster responses please hit the reply button as for the restart yes thats what i what i was saying. However it doing that with only with docp enable is another story. Again yes it turbo to 4.2ghz in docp is also normal because again now the pc is able to opperate at faster calculations and ryzens are auto turbo enable most of the time. So the faster the pc can operate to a limit it will.... As for the restart issue are your ram sticks a kit? or seperate ram stick?

James Davis

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2013
Sorry for faster responses please hit the reply button as for the restart yes thats what i what i was saying. However it doing that with only with docp enable is another story. Again yes it turbo to 4.2ghz in docp is also normal because again now the pc is able to opperate at faster calculations and ryzens are auto turbo enable most of the time. So the faster the pc can operate to a limit it will.... As for the restart issue are your ram sticks a kit? or seperate ram stick?

They are brand new matching sticks. I have replaced them with Corsair 3200 ram and it didnt seem to make a difference. So I switched back to the Teamforce 3200 ram thinking that the problem must be elsewhere.

DOCP is the same thing as XMP, it should be on.

PBO is the auto clocking feature and make sure it's enabled. I left everything else on default or Auto.

The cpu will frequency will bounce around and this is normal for Ryzen. It's boosting as needed.

I installed Armory Crate and have used it since day one without any issue, knock on wood.

When in Windows you can open Armory and there is a page showing driver updates. Make sure they are installed.

Then go here and make sure you have the latest x570 chipset driver installed, you do this through Windows.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Once all the drivers are up to date run the Windows Memory Diagnostic as described here;
https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/how-to-test-ram

The ram slots have a slip lock on the bottom and a tab that you push down on the top to lock it in place. I hate this design. It may look like the memory is seated properly but may not be. I had a really random BOSD Memory Error at one point and properly re-seating the RAM fixed the issue.

You have a great gaming rig.

Solution