[SOLVED] New build is worse?

Nov 30, 2019
So I just finished my first build (budget ) and it seems to run slower then my old prebuilt computer. All the bench marks seem to say that the build I put together should be out performing my prebuilt but that doesn't seem to be the case and i dont know if i did something wrong or if my build is just terrible. My build is

AMD 2600
Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Trident Z 32 GB 3200 hz
MSI GeForce Gtx 1650 gaming (i know not that great but it was the first part I bought when I started building, didnt do enough reserch)
CX750M 750W
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB ( going to add a second one that is currently installed in my prebuilt)

My prebuilt is an HP Envy 700-056

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03782932/

MS-7778 (JasmineR)
AMD A10 6700
DDR3 1600
2 TB HDD and Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB
MSI GeForce GTx 1650 gaming (has now been moved to my build but this was the card it was using before I finished my build) currently AMD Radeon RX 550

The prebuilt seems to give me better FPS in games for example I can get over 150 fps in open world on WoW but cant get over 100 with my build. it also has faster loading times, and boots up faster. I just don't know what I need to change at this point. I already changed the ram from 16gb vengeance 2666 hz to 32 GB trident 3200 hz, I know I need a better GPU and CPU but on paper my build should be running faster then the prebuilt. So any suggestions to speed up my built PC and maybe an idea as to why its running slower then the pre built? I'm a novice when it comes to building so I don't really understand why the prebuilt would be running better then the one I built. So any insight would be much appreciated. Also hope I put this in the right form, if not please let me know.

Last edited:
Solution
So I just finished my first build (budget ) and it seems to run slower then my old prebuilt computer. All the bench marks seem to say that the build I put together should be out performing my prebuilt but that doesn't seem to be the case and i dont know if i did something wrong or if my build is just terrible. My build is

AMD 2600
Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Trident Z 32 GB 3200 mhz
MSI GeForce Gtx 1650 gaming (i know not that great but it was the first part I bought when I started building, didnt do enough reserch)
CX750M 750W
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB ( going to add a second one that is currently installed in my prebuilt)

MS-7778 (JasmineR)
AMD A10...
Jul 19, 2018

AMD 2600
Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Trident Z 32 GB 3200 mhz
CX750M 750W

MS-7778 (JasmineR)
AMD A10 6700
DDR3 1600
2 TB HDD and Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB
MSI GeForce GTx 1650 gaming (has now been moved to my build but this was the card it was using before I finished my build) currently AMD Radeon RX 550

The prebuilt seems to give me better FPS in games for example I can get over 150 fps in open world on WoW but cant get over 100 with my build. it also has faster loading times, and boots up faster. I just don't know what I need to change at this point. I already changed the ram from 16gb vengeance 2666 MHz to 32 GB trident 3200 MHz, I know I need a better GPU and CPU but on paper my build should be running faster then the prebuilt. So any suggestions to speed up my built PC and maybe an idea as to why its running slower then the pre built? I'm a novice when it comes to building so I don't really understand why the prebuilt would be running better then the one I built. So any insight would be much appreciated. Also hope I put this in the right form, if not please let me know.

Hi,

There are a few reasons why it could be slower:

1- The RAM might have been automatically set to a lower speed by default by the motherboard. You could try getting into the BIOS to see what speed its currently at. To allow the RAM to run at 3200MHz, you might need to enable A-XMP (just check that you have)
2 - You haven't plugged in the ram slots correctly. Are you using 4 ram sticks or two? If you are using two, make sure to plug them in following this diagram (in order). If you are using two packs of two, make sure that each of one set is plugged into each channel

RWBEZtQ.png

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 30, 2019
Hi,

There are a few reasons why it could be slower:

1- The RAM might have been automatically set to a lower speed by default by the motherboard. You could try getting into the BIOS to see what speed its currently at. To allow the RAM to run at 3200MHz, you might need to enable A-XMP (just check that you have)
2 - You haven't plugged in the ram slots correctly. Are you using 4 ram sticks or two? If you are using two, make sure to plug them in following this diagram (in order). If you are using two packs of two, make sure that each of one set is plugged into each channel

RWBEZtQ.png

Ok ill check the bios and attempt to increase ram speed. I went duel channel and plugged the sticks into the slots the mother board manual suggest for running two sticks. They both seem to register and show 3200 hz but they are running at 2133 hz currently. everything I read says ram doesn't really make a difference though.

Nov 30, 2019
No you won't, they have designed it to not overheat. XMP profiles are precoded by the manufacturers, so they are safe and guaranteed to work
Ok awesome, got a noticeable difference after changing the ram speed. Which suprised me because what iv read ram doesn’t really matter but seems to not be the case on Amd. Also didn’t get a noticeable temp change. Thanks for all your help.