[SOLVED] New build issue

Oct 25, 2019
Hey guys im pulling my hair out here im a single dad on longterm sick and no a little how to build computers but nee build got me stumped.
Its an ryzen 5 in an Asus a320-hdv mobo furyx ram and just a cheap gt710 gpu till i can afford a new one.
Plumbed it all in now first issue was and still is im getting no input signal and tried disconnecting gpu from mobo and reseating it i tried all mobo wires and still no change.
Now when i fire it up with or without ram i get no beeds but it powers up for a couple of secs then instantly powers down and fires back up after 2secs anf it stays on then.
Everything else is seated right and all wires been unplugged and put back now all i need to know is have i done summat wrong please please can u help me.
Steps taken
Taken all ram out try to fire. No change
Unseated everything and placed bakh7nv.
All wires unplugged and replaced

Solution
Best option would be to return your motherboard for a b450 model. If that isn’t possible due to cost, you can contact AMD customer service and they will mail you a cpu that can be used to boot for bios update and you send it back.
Oct 25, 2019
Hey everyone I need help I'm lost for what to try.
Just put a new build together on as budget due to being long term sick and I've got a ryzen5 2699x on a asrock a320-hdv board with Kingston hyperx 2400 8g X2 and a gt1030 GPU now everything fires up and runs but no matter if I plug it into the TV or monitor I'm not getting a single via any port can anyone please advise and it's running a ATX 500w PSU too

Oct 25, 2019
What cpu exactly. Seems like you need a bios update though.
Can tell you now it's the gen 2 2600x ryzen 5 now I've taken everything out except the CPU and mobile and PSU and reseated everything. I've tried booting with no ram now what it does it on power up it will spoil up run for 2 secs and shut down then start up again. Is this the typical and startup as only ever used intel before now once it restarts it stays on and GPU fan runs so does CPU wraith cooler. But I'm just not getting a signal from any port on the gpunor mobo but I'm aware the mobo has no integrated graphics. Any advice I'd gladly accept as ready to throw it out the window

The motherboard was released before the 2600x. The motherboard needs a bios update to recognize the 2600x. The only way you can do this is to use a 1st gen processor which will allow the system to boot so that you can update the motherboard's bios. Your best bet, because you aren't technologically inclined is to take the system to a local computer hardware shop. They will have the correct hardware and will update the bios for you, for a small fee. This will be the most cost/time efficient way to resolve your issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffmunch
Best option would be to return your motherboard for a b450 model. If that isn’t possible due to cost, you can contact AMD customer service and they will mail you a cpu that can be used to boot for bios update and you send it back.

Solution
Oct 25, 2019
Ok I found a local guy very helpful he came round with Corsair ram and the computer worked fine it seems it's a comparability issue between the board and ram as the ram he used worked fine. So look like I'll be selling the hyperx and getting Corsair ram

Reactions: SgtScream
Oct 25, 2019
Ryzen can be very memory sensitive. Always important to check motherboard memory QVL for AMD.
I would like to say thank you for all your advice and I've got to a solution to my issue and that being that the motherboard does not like Kingston hyperx fury ram and so staying with Corsair from now on