Question New Build Issue

Sep 16, 2021
Hey Everyone, I just built my first build and after hours of pain it didn’t work or maybe it does and I don’t even know. You see I can power everything one but I don’t have a DisplayPort cable to check to see the video output yet, but the red boot light indicator is staying on, I haven’t installed an OS yet, I was just wondering if this is normal for a new build.

Hi samdussen (y)and Welcome to the Forum :)

The BOOT_LED staying lit indicates an issue with your storage device be it HDD or SSD. It may not be recognized in Bios. Your Post will not advance till the issue is fixed and hence no video output.

Check cabling and connections and if suspect then check for damage and test with a new power or data cable.

Hey Everyone, I just built my first build and after hours of pain it didn’t work or maybe it does and I don’t even know. You see I can power everything one but I don’t have a DisplayPort cable to check to see the video output yet, but the red boot light indicator is staying on, I haven’t installed an OS yet, I was just wondering if this is normal for a new build.
Without display, all of that means nothing and there's nothing you can do about it anyway. The red boot light indicator means that no disk with operating system is found.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS