Question New Build Issues - Debug lights and won't post

Sep 30, 2022
Hi all, just finished building a new pc. Not my first time, but I'm no expert either. Every time before this has been very smooth and everything went well, this time around I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Specs:
i5 12400F
MSI MAG B660M Mortar WiFi
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16
Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN570 NVMe
EVGA 650 Bq, 80+ Bronze 650W PSU
EVGA RTX 3060ti FTW3 Ultra (only used part)

After putting everything together, I initially got no post, but noticed that the cpu led would flash red, then the dram would flash orange, then the vga would flash white, then the boot led would turn green and stay on. Thought maybe I should leave it a while and see what happens, nothing.

So I took everything apart, reseated everything > no change.
Took out RAM and tried one stick at a time in every slot > no change.
Unplugged all fans except CPU fan > no change.
Took out GPU > no post, but the boot led never turned on, just the white vga, it stayed on.
Took out SSD > no change.
Took CPU fan off > no change.
Reset CMOS by taking battery out, leaving battery out, jumping the pins, and a combo of both > turn on, red cpu led, orange dram led, turned off > turned back on (by itself), red cpu led, orange dram led, white vga led (I had the gpu out at this point).

I'm pulling my hair out over hear and honestly a bit nervous. Everything except for the CPU was purchased at Amazon, so I know I can most likely return it, but the CPU is from B&H and I have heard horror stories of trying to get your money back on open parts or exchanges...

The board DOES SAY on the box that it's ready for 12th gen intel and Windows 11 ready... I don't have a way to update BIOS if that's the issue... I would have to get a different MB I guess.

Would love some insight, I've been waiting a while to get this going, what a bummer. If I have to grab a better MB from BestBuy tomorrow I will and then just return the old, but I'm not even sure if it's the problem, I hope it's not the CPU. And yes, the CPU was placed correctly, Intel makes it easy with the triangle.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA 650 Bq, 80+ Bronze 650W PSU
EVGA RTX 3060ti FTW3 Ultra (only used part)

Source a higher wattage PSU for your build and see if you're having the same issue again.

Sadly, your motherboard doesn't have the option to flash the BIOS with an USB drive without compatible hardware. Rams are populating slots A2 and B2 on your motherboard? Did you inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken socket pins?

Sep 30, 2022
Nice to be here, long time viewer, first time poster, wish it was better circumstances. Yeah, I was worried about that, but thought 650 would be enough. With GPU out of the build (which it is currently) shouldn't the problem be fixed if power was an issue?

Ram was populated those two, but now only one stick in A2 (which the manual recommends). I checked and didn't see anything bad, I can check again though.