New Build issues....kinda starts...help please?

pwrntspd

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
I just recently bought a new Gigabyte Ep45 DS3R, OCZ reaper 4gb, OCZ 600 watt PSU, and an Asus 4850. Everything is plugged in correctly but when i go to start it, it turns on for a second then shuts down, then turns on again, and shuts down again...over and over....whats going on? Its trying to start.

JDocs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
I have an Asus board but had a similar problem. It was to do with the ram voltages (standard being 1.8). So I eventually left one stick in, booted up and adjusted the volts then put the rest in.

Hope it helps.

zipz0p

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
Sounds like a power/frequency issue. My board gets into those loops when I try to boot it on settings that are too aggressive.

Another thing to try is to short the CMOS pins (I think your board probably has it, my GA-EP35-DS3R has it). This will effectively reset the BIOS. I had to do this to get my board to POST the first time.

pwrntspd

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
Ill be sure to check those things. I thought i had reset the bios earlier...just curious though how long do i have to short it out to reset it? and just so you guys know im actually using a zalaman 7700 cooler on my CPU, so ill be sure all the screws are tightened down and its sitting properly.