Question New build keeps crashing - HELP!

Feb 2, 2024
So I am old school to building computers. 8086 xt old! It has been a LONG time since I built a computer. My son's computer was on its last leg so for Christmas we built a new computer. He is not a hard core gamer so this is the motherboard and processor we bought

Micro Center AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor Bundle with GIGABYTE B650M DS3H Gaming Motherboard​

further down in the info I just noticed it says DDR5-5200 support.

I bought this ram

Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL36-36-36-96​

From the start he had crashes. I ended up replacing the power supply too since it was underpowered. Things were better but still had crashes. Now the computer seems to power on but no keyboard or monitor. I read another post where it was suggested the ram is the issue... is that my case? Did I order the wrong RAM? I am at my wits end since I am so far out of the loop on current computer stuff.

New motherboard Gigabyte b650m ds3h
New CPU AMD Rysen 7 7700
New SSD acer GM7000 1tb with Windows 10 pro new install
New RAM Triden z5 Neo RBG Series AMD EXPO DDR5 Ram 32B 2x16) 6000mt/s
Used GPU AMD Radeon RX580
New Power Supply Segotep 650w 80 Plus Gold Cert
New cpu Cooler Thermalight axp90 x 47 low profile
BIOS Has been updated to latest version... unable to see that info at this time
Used 1 year Monitor Samsung (working on other devices)

The only thing we used from the old computer is the GPU.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Feb 2, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
Updated all I can.