[SOLVED] New build keeps crashing

Jun 12, 2020
Hello ! newbie here. I have finally installed windows 10 pro in my system but after updating the graphics card driver it keeps freezing and then it BSOD sayong clock watchdog timeout. Does this directly mean that my graphics card is crappy ? But why does it works fine during windows installation but now after updates it keeps crashing ? Is it driver compatibility to windows 10 ?

Here is the build :
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte b450m ds3h latest bios f50
Hyper x fury 8gb 2666 cL16
Generic 800watts 80 plus titanium
128gb nvme 2280 eaget s900l
Nvidia geforce 8400gs 1gb palit

Internet says it could be powersupply or memory check or corrupt system files. Is it true ?
Also if i buy new graphics card (which is a pain in my ass) (im broke af) (didnt buy new one because this one from my old pc is OK (win 7 works fine))
What best cheapest to pair with the system ? Cheapest. I will buy 2nd hand. As long as the cheapest best possible. Any thoughts suggestion? Thanks.
(I really thought i can finally play fortnite right now)

Its more likely that given the age of the card the drivers are not fully compatible with Windows 10.

I would look on eBay or Facebook Marketplace for used cards, you can find a much more powerful GTX 750ti usually well under 50 USD or even a much much more powerful and newer RX580 which I've seen as low as 60-70 USD.

Reactions: Webarebears
Jun 12, 2020
Its more likely that given the age of the card the drivers are not fully compatible with Windows 10.

I would look on eBay or Facebook Marketplace for used cards, you can find a much more powerful GTX 750ti usually well under 50 USD or even a much much more powerful and newer RX580 which I've seen as low as 60-70 USD.
So i guess i'll just uninstall the graphics driver and then ready to play ? The display really looks crap like 480p but with driver it is 1080p but keeps crashing. I touched the heatsink and its not that hot.

Jun 12, 2020

I'm planning to buy rx580 8gb. I hope it will not encounter problems.