[SOLVED] New build keeps freezing on windows install. need help :(

Jun 29, 2019
I just built a new rig, and everything boots up and posts fine. I can access bios no problem, but as soon as I try to boot on to Windows 10 USB flash drive computer freezes. I've tried multiple flash drives, in multiple USB slots (2.0 only, 3.0 only, front panel, back panel etc.). This problem is making me absolutely crazy. Everytime it tries to load it usually freezes on the swirling dots, occasionally I make it into the install screen and hit start install only to get stuck there. It also ramps up the fan every time it freezes. I thought it could be faulty RAM but I was able to boot up memtest86 and it runs without errors. Could it be a CPU issue? I would think if the cpu was unstable it would cause errors in memtest86? Is there a way to stress test the CPU with a bootable flash drive? I was going to try UBCD but it says it doesn't support my bios everytime I try to run a test.

Right now my build is:

mobo: Asus ROG strix z390-e gaming
cpu: i7 9700k
cooler: coolermaster 212 evo LED
memory: 16gbs G.skill trident z rgb @3200
HDD: hp ex900 250gbs nvme

I've removed all other components and removed from case to cut down on the variables. I've already tried removing cpu and cpu cooler and reinstalling with new thermal paste, no dice. I'm gonna try creating an ubuntu flash drive to see if that works, but other then that, I'm not sure what else to try. Any thoughts?

Aug 6, 2019
Thank you so much for replying with an update when you resolved this.

I've spent the last 2-3 days trying to get my new rig up and running and this fixed the same issue for me!