Nov 5, 2015
Hey all. My build is:
Hero VIII mobo
I7-6600k
samsung ssd 500 gb main
3 backup hds
HyperXfury 16 gb ram
no graphics card

Im running windows 10 pro and I did a fresh install. My computer keeps freezing randomly. When this happens control, alt, delete dont work to restart it. I need tohold the power button down to restart it. Any ideas?

Solution
You should check out the following post, I've been struggling with this myself, and it appears to be an issue with some Skylake chips. Something that can help in the short-term: disable C-states in the BIOS. You can read about the rest at the link, and feel free to post there; the more input we get, the better!

www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2830772/skylake-build-randomly-freezing-crashing/page-8.html
Hi there thegameksk,

Could be your PSU that is causing this. Unfortunately, the easiest way to see if it is faulty is to just borrow one from somebody and try it on your system.
Apart from that, you can try these:
- Measure your system's temps.
- Leave only one stick of RAM and see if the issue persists.
- Test your HDD and back up the data in case there is something wrong with it. You can use different cables as well. Check this out: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility
- Go to your MOBO's website and update all the drivers.

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD

onejeremias

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
You should check out the following post, I've been struggling with this myself, and it appears to be an issue with some Skylake chips. Something that can help in the short-term: disable C-states in the BIOS. You can read about the rest at the link, and feel free to post there; the more input we get, the better!

www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2830772/skylake-build-randomly-freezing-crashing/page-8.html

Solution