Question New Build keeps rebooting and then goes to sleep. fans still all spinning , nothing on screen

Jan 4, 2021
Recent new build, now issue issue. Build went fine. Installed windows 10 pro fine on M.2 drive. After all updates completed from windows and all current drivers installed, worked fine. Installed second M.2 drive for my data. Installed all my data on second data drive. Worked fine for 3 days. Now, just sitting in BIOS setup, system shuts down and goes into sleep, cannot wake it up. Need to use power button to restart and does the same issue whether just sitting in BIOS or booting into Windows. That to me eliminates any Windows issues.

Build specs:

AS Rock B550M Phantom Gaming
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Crucial Ballistic RGB 3600 16 GBx2
Corsair RM550x power
WD Blue SN 550...... OS drive
Intel 665p .... Data drive
Noctua NH U-12S

I am baffled at this time

Ralston18

Titan
Uninstall the second M.2 drive and determine if the build will restart in the one drive configuration.

If not try booting into Safe Mode with one drive.

The idea being that if you can achieve a successful boot then you can look in Reliablity History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that may have been captured during the 3 days that both drives worked together.

Also worth shutting down, unplugging, and opening the case to ensure that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

No one wants to force a connection in a new build.

Some connection may have been just enough to work at first but then heat (expansion/contraction) and vibrations may loosened the connection.

Jan 4, 2021
ok,, removed second M.2 drive, graphics card and second stick of RAM. Plugged HDMI into MOBO , so 1 M.2 left, 1 stick RAM and will not even POST. Swapped out stick of RAM and still won't post. Now what

TRENDING THREADS