Question New build keeps rebooting

Jan 9, 2022
So i upgraded some components in my pc yesterday. From intel core i5-7400 to intel core i7-11700K (with stock intel cooler). For this upgrade i obviously had to install a new motherboard aswell which is the MSI MAG B650 Torpedo. After installing everything and testing everything seemed to be fine untill after the windows install. it just randomly started rebooting. Also put the old mobo and cpu back which worked perfectly fine.

so first i installed a new clean version of windows which didn't help, after i checked both ram sticks one by one which are 2X G.skill Trident z RGB 8GB 3200Mhz but they seemed to be fine aswell (also disabled xmp). Next i reinstalled the cpu and cooler with new thermal paste and reseated all cables aswell didn't fix it either. So my next thought was a cpu overheating issue because the cpu was running at 40c+ in bios. so i bought the nzxt kraken x53 which seemed to help at the start (idle at around 30c) so just to be safe i upgraded the bios and installed all possible intel drivers and graphics drivers. but after starting a game it immediatly happened again.

Could it be that the cpu is spiking so much in power usage that the psu cant handle it?

Specs:
CPU: Intel core i7-11700K
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x53
MOBO: MSI MAG B650 Torpedo
RAM: G.skill Trident Z RGB 8GB 3200Mhz x2
GPU: Nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6gb
PSU: Inter-Tech Argus APS-520W

rgd1101

Don't