Question New build keeps resetting itself while trying to set it up ?

May 24, 2022
So I recently built a computer that keeps on resetting itself while trying to set up. It will get about maybe 5 to 10 seconds in before shutting off the screen and resetting the motherboard, It doesn't shut off any fans or actually close the whole computer. I know the CPU, ram, HDD and PSU are good. If anyone wants to know more you can message me at [removed] for full video

Last edited by a moderator:

erminnz

Commendable
Aug 9, 2021
So you are stuck in a restarting loop, 5-10 secs until it restarts automaticaly. Type in a search bar 'pc keeps restarting', there are plenty topics, until someone more experienced here helps you.

May 24, 2022
Verified how?

The psu, are all needed cables well in at both sides?
I have a second fully working PC that I tested the CPU and RAM in, and I have made sure all power connections are secure. I'm also starting the PC by shorting the pins to not add switches to problem solving.

So I recently built a computer that keeps on resetting itself while trying to set up. It will get about maybe 5 to 10 seconds in before shutting off the screen and resetting the motherboard, It doesn't shut off any fans or actually close the whole computer. I know the CPU, ram, HDD and PSU are good. If anyone wants to know more you can message me at [removed] for full video
Does this resetting happen if you enter the bios and let it sit?

Set up?...........do you mean installing windows?