new build, lag

shadowzoid

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
My newly built PC keeps lagging somewhat, during some tasks. The first problem was when I was transfering 200 GB at 100 mb/s from an external harddrive. My mouse stuttered beyond use. Now, microsoft word lags when I type. In addition, sometimes my Windows toolbar on the bottom "refreshes" when I switch program, so that I am unable to push the windows button. I am worried it is mobo issue, although I'm out of ideas. I've updated all the drivers except wifi (since when I do, my wifi shuts off forever for some reason). Please help. Thanks.

This is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q8hrCJ

shadowzoid

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
windows was installed. I just installed windows on it. It's actually lagging so much its almost unusable now (for the first 2 days, it only lagged during certain activities. I'm on day 3 now). Ran a mobo/cpu test and they seem fine. Maybe RAM?

shadowzoid

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015

what is that and how do i check

I suspect it's a problem with my SSD (which has my OS). I match some symptoms I found online: flashing blue screen, lag, mouse and keyboard stutters sometimes, and desktop icons rearrange to default after I restart my PC. Do you agree? If so, how do I test if its a hardware defect or if I just need to reinstall windows?

Also, I am powering my SSD and HDD from one power cord plugged into the SFX. I was told this would be sufficient, but do you agree?