New build locking up in game w/ sound loop with hard restart needed. Need Help!?

amarlowe696

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
Hey all,

Just started running into issues with a new build. I built the system 2 weeks ago, installed win7 then upgraded to windows 10. While playing dayz stand alone with pretty maxed out settings my computer froze with a constant sound loop. I kind of brushed it off until it happened again the next day.

I'm still running tests, but I ran memtest86 current version first and came back with 96 errors after running for a little over 24 hours. The errors didn't seem to hit until test #7. So I removed one stick and its been going for 11 hours with no errors.
I bought the ram on amazon and I can return it and get a replacement rather than RMAing. Should I continue testing or should I just get it replaced? These tests can be time consuming and I wanted to reach out for some expertise on the matter.

Also wanted to mention that the computer crashed completely. I even got the windows 10 giant sad face saying," Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" during a ambient occlusion render in xNormal and I was monitoring heat during a majority of the crashes and there wasn't any extreme temps that I noticed. There is just too many factors for me to figure it out and I'm trying to narrow it down, but need some help!

Thanks a lot guys,

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card
Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)
Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller

TRENDING THREADS