New build looking for advice.

Jan 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

Longtime reader first time poster on Tom's Hardware! To get down to it I am looking to build a new machine. I found a thread on here that is titled "How to Ask for New Build or Upgrade Advice". For the most part I will be following this guide on how to list what I am looking for and to get the most out of the build that I need.

• Approximate Purchase Date: The closer the better.

Budget Range: $5,000 - $6,000 / After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (Video editing in Adobe Suite, 3D rendering with Maya, virtualization of work, various different games, streaming games, Surfing the web, content consumption)

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No (Get Windows 8.1 from work)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com, Amazon.com.

Parts Preferences: Intel and Nvidia

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Sure (Would be nice for gaming)

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 X 1080

Additional Comments: Would be nice if it is quite, if not I would be interested in water cooling. Something else that I would like to use this computer for is streaming some video games on the side.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: It is time for a new build.

If there is any other information that I left out just yell at me and I will add it in here.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone,
Nicholas Richardson

Solution
Hi,
I think your budget range is way too high, I'm sure you can land all you need including taxes and shipping for under 3000$. I'm not sure if a monitor was needed for this but here is a Monster Build that will ensure fast processing and a excellent gaming machines on any new Games (like Crysis3) ; http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2ynDn

This build is around 1800$. does not include monitor, taxes or shipping. Add another 330$ for Taxes and shipping.

gervap

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Hi,
I think your budget range is way too high, I'm sure you can land all you need including taxes and shipping for under 3000$. I'm not sure if a monitor was needed for this but here is a Monster Build that will ensure fast processing and a excellent gaming machines on any new Games (like Crysis3) ; http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2ynDn

This build is around 1800$. does not include monitor, taxes or shipping. Add another 330$ for Taxes and shipping.

Solution
Jan 8, 2014

Thank you for the replay, will for sure check out the build that you have made!
Thank you!