[SOLVED] New Build looking for opinions

Huwbob5

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014
starting a new build, want it to be able to run borderlands 3 and be some what future proof for £1000 - £1500. Here is what i have come up with so far, any suggestions or changes are welcome but i want to keep the case the same.

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Z Video Card
Case: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Solution
This would be a MUCH better system, by MILES, and is still within your budget even if you add a Windows license, which you may not have to do if you already have a licensed copy. I know you said you want to keep the case the same, but I assure you, if you actually look into the problems with that case you will change your mind. Currently, for the price, the Fractal Design Define R6 is the best case you are likely to find in terms of airflow, features and price. And the fact that it's a damn nice looking case doesn't hurt either. If you want some other case options, I'm happy to oblige in that regard but the H500 is overrated, WAS overrated even when it was new and is a case known for problems with airflow.

PCPartPicker Part List...
You don't want a 5400rpm drive. Let me rework this build and I'll be back shortly.

Do you currently NOT have a licensed version of windows 7, 8 or 10 on an existing system, because if you do, there is no need to purchase a new copy of Windows. You can simply attach your current license to a Microsoft account that belongs to you and the activate Windows using that digital entitlement on the new system after it's built and you install Windows on it.

Also, you don't want that H500 case. It's outdated, has limited airflow and lacks features found on most current models.

Last edited:

Huwbob5

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014
You don't want a 5400rpm drive. Let me rework this build and I'll be back shortly.

Do you currently NOT have a licensed version of windows 7, 8 or 10 on an existing system, because if you do, there is no need to purchase a new copy of Windows. You can simply attach your current license to a Microsoft account that belongs to you and the activate Windows using that digital entitlement on the new system after it's built and you install Windows on it.

Yeah I do have windows at the moment, was more to just say what operating system I was going to be running, sorry should have clarified.

This would be a MUCH better system, by MILES, and is still within your budget even if you add a Windows license, which you may not have to do if you already have a licensed copy. I know you said you want to keep the case the same, but I assure you, if you actually look into the problems with that case you will change your mind. Currently, for the price, the Fractal Design Define R6 is the best case you are likely to find in terms of airflow, features and price. And the fact that it's a damn nice looking case doesn't hurt either. If you want some other case options, I'm happy to oblige in that regard but the H500 is overrated, WAS overrated even when it was new and is a case known for problems with airflow.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£348.97 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Macho Rev.B 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler (£43.47 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£159.71 @ More Computers)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£83.61 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£60.78 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Computer 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£53.58 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card (£371.49 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 ATX Mid Tower Case (£119.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£101.40 @ Alza)
Total: £1343.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-06 19:16 BST+0100

Solution
Also, you will want to add two additional fans to the build. I can make recommendations on those or if you already have some fans you may want to incorporate those into the build so that you end up with two intake fans and two exhaust fans. You can get two more identical fans as what comes with the case to keep it all the same or there are obviously other choices you can make if you want to look at very premium fan options.

Huwbob5

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£348.97 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Macho Rev.B 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler (£43.47 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£159.71 @ More Computers)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£83.61 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£60.78 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Computer 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£53.58 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card (£371.49 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 ATX Mid Tower Case (£119.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£101.40 @ Alza)
Total: £1343.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-06 19:16 BST+0100
excellent thank you, i'll bare in mind what you said about the case and windows. thanks a lot.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Hey there, Couldn't help myself looking into this thread, and I see your going to be building a pretty nice system! May I ask what kind of performance you intend to get out of the rig? There's a crazy amount of configurations you could come up with... but having multiple inputs on what it is you're going for has helped me tremendously!

TRENDING THREADS