[SOLVED] New build, MOBO, RAM and GPU not working?

ashdavid

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2014
Hey all, new build here,

MOBO = ASUS AMD ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
PSU = Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GRAND RGB 1200W
CPU = AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM = 64gb G-Skill
GPU = RTX 2080ti
Memory = Sabrent 2TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0

When turn the PSU on the only thing seems to turn on is the MOBO's RGB above the io shield. Nothing else does anything, no fans, no GPU, no RAM RGB, nothing. I checked the PSU and it powers everything with a jumper, all fans and pumps work fine. I checked the MOBO's error code and that does not even start up. Also , I should mention I don't have any fans plugged into the CPU fan header, as I am water cooling this with a non AIO.

Any ideas what this issue might be?

Solution
Well no cpu fan would end up with error on some board but that should be a solid beeep.
try connecting any fan to that header and press power.

Are you sure you mounted the cpu properly ? I would try to reseat and make sure its tightened enough & not to hard.

Lower the cpu mount pressure and try gain boot, if it does not help, try to unscrew almost loose ( like leave 1 or 2 loose screws and give it a gentle shake, mount properly again and check boot. (if this is still not helping, I would fully dismantle & keep further checking with air cooler for easier access.

And I would go through cables again with manual. Maybe you mounted something to wrong slot.
Well no cpu fan would end up with error on some board but that should be a solid beeep.
try connecting any fan to that header and press power.

Are you sure you mounted the cpu properly ? I would try to reseat and make sure its tightened enough & not to hard.

Lower the cpu mount pressure and try gain boot, if it does not help, try to unscrew almost loose ( like leave 1 or 2 loose screws and give it a gentle shake, mount properly again and check boot. (if this is still not helping, I would fully dismantle & keep further checking with air cooler for easier access.

And I would go through cables again with manual. Maybe you mounted something to wrong slot.

Solution

ashdavid

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2014
Not sure if I should say this here, but since I was using jumper to continuously test my water loop I just automatically associated power to the pumps etc with a flick of the PSU switch.

To actually say what the issue was... I did not turn the PC from the case switch.

Problem solved. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Rdslw