Question New build - Monitor doesn't recognize my PC and motherboard says faulty SSD

Aug 19, 2022
Hello,

So I just put my build together yesterday. When it came time to plug the monitor, it did not recognize my PC.
Also on my motherboard I have that LED light that says there's no SSD. Could that be why nothing shows on the screen ?
Everything else works (all fans) maybe my CPU is not working and that would be why but is there a way to know that my CPU is working ?
I haven't received my GPU yet so that light is also on on my motherboard by I read it wouldn't be a problem to build without it

Thanks for your help !

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello,

So I just put my build together yesterday. When it came time to plug the monitor, it did not recognize my PC.
Also on my motherboard I have that LED light that says there's no SSD. Could that be why nothing shows on the screen ?
Everything else works (all fans) maybe my CPU is not working and that would be why but is there a way to know that my CPU is working ?
I haven't received my GPU yet so that light is also on on my motherboard by I read it wouldn't be a problem to build without it

Thanks for your help !
You need to list all of the parts your using.

Reactions: Jeeremy7
Aug 19, 2022
Power unit: A850GF
Mobo: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
CPU cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro M.2
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo
System: Microsoft 11 (not installed yet)

For the SSD I'll pick up an other one during my lunch and return the samsung if the new one works
It would be the Seagate FireCuda that I pick up

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Power unit: A850GF
Mobo: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
CPU cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro M.2
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo
System: Microsoft 11 (not installed yet)

For the SSD I'll pick up an other one during my lunch and return the samsung if the new one works
It would be the Seagate FireCuda that I pick up
You have no video on the motherboard because with what your using you must use a video card.

Nothing you can do yet without a card.

Reactions: Jeeremy7