[SOLVED] New build MotherBoard one beep

Feb 29, 2020
Hello,

I am trying to build new PC. I put all components together, but when I want to start it, the MB did only one short beep and nothing happend.
I tried reconnect RAM but nothing. Also I tried put the RAM in other slot, but still nothing.

Here are the specs:
GIGABYTE A320M-S2H (rev. 1001)
AMD RYZEN3 1200
HYPERX FURY 4GB DDR4 3200MHz
NVIDIA GTX 650 4GB
APACER AS350 PANTHER 120GB SSD

Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Solution
I have Whitenergy ATX 2.2 400W. Do you think it does not have enough power?

Not the capacity of the PSU is the main concern here... this PSU is of garbage quality, literally. Just get that thing out of your systrm and replace it with something decent. I'd expect that PSU to catch fire at any moment.

If you are on a tight budget the Corsair CX450M(grey label) will be sufficient for your system... it's light years better than what you have right now.
In general Corsair CXM(grey label), TXM,RM, and other expensive models(avoid the VS series) are fine... also anything from Seasonic is solid(focus plus, prime).
One short beep usually means that your system passed post.

From your motherboard's manual:
9Y6yV8h.jpg

Make sure you plugged your monitor into the GPU and selected the correct input from your monitor menu.

Feb 29, 2020
I tried two different monitors with VGA and HDMI connectors. I plugged both into GPU, but no change. I also tried remove the GPU and it still only one beep.

I tried two different monitors with VGA and HDMI connectors. I plugged both into GPU, but no change. I also tried remove the GPU and it still only one beep.
As I said one beep means that everything is working fine and passed POST(power on self test).

Are you sure you plugged in the GPU and not the motherboard?
Ryzen doesn't have integrated graphics, so you video outs on your motherboard won't work.

Do you have another GPU to test with?

Feb 29, 2020
Yes, I am sure I plugged it in the GPU. Meaby I forget to mention that after one beep the computer automatically turn off and unfortunately I don't have another GPU to test it.

I have Whitenergy ATX 2.2 400W. Do you think it does not have enough power?

Not the capacity of the PSU is the main concern here... this PSU is of garbage quality, literally. Just get that thing out of your systrm and replace it with something decent. I'd expect that PSU to catch fire at any moment.

If you are on a tight budget the Corsair CX450M(grey label) will be sufficient for your system... it's light years better than what you have right now.
In general Corsair CXM(grey label), TXM,RM, and other expensive models(avoid the VS series) are fine... also anything from Seasonic is solid(focus plus, prime).

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS