New build MSI H110 Pro VD won't POST - Red DRAM light

dawg11

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Have 1 stick of HyperX FURY Black 8GB that I have tried in both slots. No beeps, won't POST. The DRAM light stays red except the CPU light will also blink for a moment and then back to solid red DRAM led. With the RAM removed, I do get beeps if that means anything. Could the RAM be incompatible with the BIOS or just bad? The RAM gets super warm/hot after just a few seconds of being on. I can't flash the BIOS either as I can't get to it. Any tips? Thanks.

Solution
it compatible, but the one your bought from ebay might not bad, who sell one for their dual channels stick anyway.
Could try to flash the bios if the mobo have option to do that without a working pc.

yes, it either the mobo or the ram, and it cheap to get another ram to test.

dawg11

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
I just bought the one stick off of eBay. I see how it could be bad. It is listed on their website as compatible. I just wasn't sure if the BIOS needed to be up to date for it to work. I found another post where a user had RAM that didn't work, got some new RAM, flashed the BIOS and then both brands work. They were also getting the red light flashing back and forth between DRAM and CPU just like mine is doing. I guess I won't know without trying a different stick (?).

rgd1101

Don't
it compatible, but the one your bought from ebay might not bad, who sell one for their dual channels stick anyway.
Could try to flash the bios if the mobo have option to do that without a working pc.

yes, it either the mobo or the ram, and it cheap to get another ram to test.

Solution