[SOLVED] NEW BUILD - MSI vs GIGABYTE vs ASUS ?

Feb 11, 2021
Hi Guys, New to the forum.
Opinions and advice is greatly appreciated for my new build.

I am doing a new computer build and wanted to get some advice regarding the motherboard for my build. I have done extensive research but any additional advice would be super helpful.
My budget for the MB is around the $700-$800 range for a good gaming board for the intel 10th gen 1200 socket chip. So far the 3 contenders are the:
MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex
GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS

After a ton of videos and research, it seems the MSI seems to offer the most bang for buck, performance, phases, extras (thunderbolt), etc etc. even though its slightly more expensive than the other 2.
(To Note: The Case I have purchased has a TON of room, so that is not a factor at all.)

What is your thought on these and target price.
Oh and also, the new MSI Z590 is about to be released. If I go with the MSI, should I wait for the Z590??? I am in no rush on this build LOL!

I really appreciate any advice and insights you might have.

Thank You!!!!

Solution
What is the rest of your system,besides the motherboard?
I would only pay 800$ for a motherboard if you absolutely every single feature it offers.
Im talking about OCing both CPU and RAM to its max.
Using all the PCIe slot,for either gaming or workstation GPU's (2/3-way SLI/CF that type of stuff)
All the m.2 slots,basically everything.
Also a custom waterblock around the socket.
What is the rest of your system,besides the motherboard?
I would only pay 800$ for a motherboard if you absolutely every single feature it offers.
Im talking about OCing both CPU and RAM to its max.
Using all the PCIe slot,for either gaming or workstation GPU's (2/3-way SLI/CF that type of stuff)
All the m.2 slots,basically everything.
Also a custom waterblock around the socket.

Solution
Feb 11, 2021
Will I use thunderbolt? Or maybe add an additional gpu? I might, and I will never know
but what I will know is that I have a top of the line motherboard ready to go for any
additions or upgrades I might want in the future. It's not about "having" to use every
single feature on a board but more so knowing I have the capability. The budget it clear.
I have 700-800 dollars to spend on a motherboard and simply asked which one was
superior for that dollar range. Thank You for your input though :)

Reactions: Dj0gany
Will I use thunderbolt? Or maybe add an additional gpu? I might, and I will never know
but what I will know is that I have a top of the line motherboard ready to go for any
additions or upgrades I might want in the future. It's not about "having" to use every
single feature on a board but more so knowing I have the capability. The budget it clear.
I have 700-800 dollars to spend on a motherboard and simply asked which one was
superior for that dollar range. Thank You for your input though :)
No problem.
Z590 is expected to launch soon,its packing much more future proof features,which i think you would like in expensive motherboard.

Feb 11, 2021
Thank You Very Much Djoza!!! I really appreciate your advice on this. I am not in any super rush on this build.
I have purchased my full tower and in the coming days/weeks I might need additional advice on one or two other
PC components after I have done a full research on them. At that time, I might ask you to steer me if you have
a few minutes for me to pose the question and pick your brain :)

Reactions: Dj0gany
Thank You Very Much Djoza!!! I really appreciate your advice on this. I am not in any super rush on this build.
I have purchased my full tower and in the coming days/weeks I might need additional advice on one or two other
PC components after I have done a full research on them. At that time, I might ask you to steer me if you have
a few minutes for me to pose the question and pick your brain :)
Sure,i would love to help.

Endre

Reputable
Hi Guys, New to the forum.
Opinions and advice is greatly appreciated for my new build.

I am doing a new computer build and wanted to get some advice regarding the motherboard for my build. I have done extensive research but any additional advice would be super helpful.
My budget for the MB is around the $700-$800 range for a good gaming board for the intel 10th gen 1200 socket chip. So far the 3 contenders are the:
MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex
GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS

After a ton of videos and research, it seems the MSI seems to offer the most bang for buck, performance, phases, extras (thunderbolt), etc etc. even though its slightly more expensive than the other 2.
(To Note: The Case I have purchased has a TON of room, so that is not a factor at all.)

What is your thought on these and target price.
Oh and also, the new MSI Z590 is about to be released. If I go with the MSI, should I wait for the Z590??? I am in no rush on this build LOL!

I really appreciate any advice and insights you might have.

Thank You!!!!

I had to make the same decision as you in 2019.
Finally, I bought a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master motherboard, which is still great today! No issues at all!
On the Z390 platform, Gigabyte was the better buy (vs Asus, MSI, ASRock).
I suppose that Gigabyte is the best on the Z490 platform as well.