[SOLVED] New build, new builder

Jul 16, 2021
I'm new to building gaming PC. This is only my 2nd time building one. I've had multiple issues including nothing powering up at all. After finding out it was a bad sata cable. It powered up. It now has a new issue of the Mobo Debuf BOOT Led is stuck on. And no signal on monitor. I'm not sure what to do. I've re-seated everything. I've tried only one stick of ram. Same results.
My specs:
Ryzen 5800x
32 gb Corsair vengeance 3200mhz CAS 16
Zotac RTX 2080
X570 MSI MPG Edge
EVGA 850 GQ
TUF gaming ASUS 27" LCD monitor 160 hz 1 ms

After replacing bad sata cables it finally powered up. Only to give the issue now of no signal on the monitor and the Debug LED for BOOT is stuck on. I've not attempt to reset CMOS. And a friend of mine has the exact same Motherboard. Says he didn't have to update his BIOS for the AM4 chips. But when I checked PC Part Picker it shows compatibility issue. That I'd have to download from MSI and flash the bios with an update. Is that what the issue is? Or is this motherboard already new gen AM4 ryzen ready? I'm at my wits end with trying to figure it out.

Solution
I'm new to building gaming PC. This is only my 2nd time building one. I've had multiple issues including nothing powering up at all. After finding out it was a bad sata cable. It powered up. It now has a new issue of the Mobo Debuf BOOT Led is stuck on. And no signal on monitor. I'm not sure what to do. I've re-seated everything. I've tried only one stick of ram. Same results.
My specs:
Ryzen 5800x
Zotac RTX 2080
X570 MSI MPG Edge
EVGA 850 GQ

After replacing bad sata cables it finally powered up. Only to give the issue now of no signal on the monitor and the Debug LED for BOOT is stuck on. I've not attempt to reset CMOS. And a friend of mine has the...
My specs:
Ryzen 5800x
Zotac RTX 2080
X570 MSI MPG Edge
EVGA 850 GQ

After replacing bad sata cables it finally powered up. Only to give the issue now of no signal on the monitor and the Debug LED for BOOT is stuck on. I've not attempt to reset CMOS. And a friend of mine has the exact same Motherboard. Says he didn't have to update his BIOS for the AM4 chips. But when I checked PC Part Picker it shows compatibility issue. That I'd have to download from MSI and flash the bios with an update. Is that what the issue is? Or is this motherboard already new gen AM4 ryzen ready? I'm at my wits end with trying to figure it out.
There are several different am4 cpus he may have a 3600x or something older then your's you have like the newest of the new cpu from amd.... The motherboard was out before the cpu you have.... So for the cpu you have to work with the mobo you have you need to update the bios to support the newer cpu model

Solution
Jul 16, 2021
There are several different am4 cpus he may have a 3600x or something older then your's you have like the newest of the new cpu from amd.... The motherboard was out before the cpu you have.... So for the cpu you have to work with the mobo you have you need to update the bios to support the newer cpu model
Okay I will try to update the bios. I'll update with the results. Thank you.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Jul 16, 2021
By the way after downloading the BIOS update to a thumb drive. Will it auto update on it's own? I can't see the BIOS menu as the monitor is giving me no signal. I'm also assuming from some of what I read. You have to unplug your current drives to get it to boot up from the flash drive yes?

By the way after downloading the BIOS update to a thumb drive. Will it auto update on it's own? I can't see the BIOS menu as the monitor is giving me no signal. I'm also assuming from some of what I read. You have to unplug your current drives to get it to boot up from the flash drive yes?
Ohhh your mobo dosnt have a bios flash button to it does it? You will have to take the mobo to a shop and have them update it using a compatible cpu. Usually cost 25 bucks.

Jul 16, 2021
Ohhh your mobo dosnt have a bios flash button to it does it? You will have to take the mobo to a shop and have them update it using a compatible cpu. Usually cost 25 bucks.
It has a flash bios button above the slot that is highlighted and labeled Flash.
I hit the button and waited 5 mins. It finished turned off. Few seconds later it turned back on and started running again. Waited 5 more mins. It shut off entirely. Attempted to plug the HDMI back in and still nothing on monitor. And now two red lights on. BOOT and VGA. This is the most difficult build I've ever had to deal with.

It has a flash bios button above the slot that is highlighted and labeled Flash.
I hit the button and waited 5 mins. It finished turned off. Few seconds later it turned back on and started running again. Waited 5 more mins. It shut off entirely. Attempted to plug the HDMI back in and still nothing on monitor. And now two red lights on. BOOT and VGA. This is the most difficult build I've ever had to deal with.
... You received a doa. Request an rma or return the mobo for a new one

Jul 16, 2021
... You received a doa. Request an rma or return the mobo for a new one
a shop I took it too the guy said he got it to boot up. I don't know if he was able to get it to post or see anything on monitor. I can't talk to him until monday to find out. But I can take it back to where I bought it and exchange for another one. I'm also going to try to get ahold of a VGA cable to see if that fixes the VGA issue. But after I try that. If it doesn't show anything on the monitor for me to work with i'm going to exchange it for a new board. If that doesn't work then I have no clue. I'm watching every video I can find. Reading everything I can find on it. This has certainly been one of the most painful experiences. But keeping what you said in mind i'll likely still take it back. If not RMA it. I just want to try those last few options left before I do so I can tell them I tried everything I could.

Jul 16, 2021
If the tech got it to boot up, he may have used an older cpu to flash the bios to a newer version. If that’s the case your setup may be working.
I wish that were the case. But all he said that he replaced was the power supply to check on that. Telling me that the PSU was bad. I swapped to a new one after taking the other back and still wouldn't boot up. I've replaced the sata cables and everything powered up. At first the only issue I had was just the BOOT LED now after flashing the bios and following the instructions on how to do that. It's got the BOOT and VGA lights on. And still no signal for the monitor.

I wish that were the case. But all he said that he replaced was the power supply to check on that. Telling me that the PSU was bad. I swapped to a new one after taking the other back and still wouldn't boot up. I've replaced the sata cables and everything powered up. At first the only issue I had was just the BOOT LED now after flashing the bios and following the instructions on how to do that. It's got the BOOT and VGA lights on. And still no signal for the monitor.
Clear your cmos
Pull the psu cable from psu then the lithium battery from the mobo then hold pwr button on case for 30s x2s then reseat lithium battery and psu cable boot system