[SOLVED] New build, no BIOS or POST screen. GPU?

Feb 20, 2021
Hello.

Just finished building my new system with MSI B550 PRO-A, Ryzen 3700X and AMD sapphire Nitro RX 580X

The problem is I can't get into bios nor the computer shows the splash logo when turned on. It just goes straight into Windows Logon (old system).

What I tried:

• Going to bios trou windows recovery
  • Updating BIOS and drivers
  • Clearing CMOS
  • Trying DP or HDMI
  • Trying another monitor
  • Removing boot device.
Nothing works. I can't reformat windows - I can't access boot devices menu. The mouse and keyboard light up when I turn on the computer.

Has anyone experienced this? Thank you for the help.

Reactions: vnayrp
Solution
Hello.

Just finished building my new system with MSI B550 PRO-A, Ryzen 3700X and AMD sapphire Nitro RX 580X

The problem is I can't get into bios nor the computer shows the splash logo when turned on. It just goes straight into Windows Logon (old system).

What I tried:

• Clearing CMOS
  • Trying DP or HDMI
  • Trying another monitor
  • Removing boot device.
Nothing works. I can't reformat windows - I can't access boot devices menu. The mouse and keyboard light up when I turn on the computer.

There seems to be a prob with ATI Radeon cards.... Nvidia Cards boot up into BIOS and spash screen just...

vnayrp

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Hello.

What I tried:

• Clearing CMOS
  • Trying DP or HDMI
  • Trying another monitor
  • Removing boot device.

There seems to be a prob with ATI Radeon cards.... Nvidia Cards boot up into BIOS and spash screen just fine... So i used an Nvidia 210 (spare card luckily) and did the BIOS jobs... finished the windows 10 setup and after that plugged in the RX590... and Viola!!!! it worked. This means that Radeon has some issue and we need a fix for it.

Reactions: LogiOneTe
Solution