Question New build no bios screen

Aug 12, 2020
Hi everyone I'm new here and joined in the hope of some help.
First PC build.
^Amd ryzen 3700x
^tomahawk x570
^gtx 1650
^corsair 8GB x2
^amp 650 80plus gold.

So when I power up everything runs fan spin etc, then the fan on the motherboard stops and the VGA light on the debug comes on.
Trying to get to the bios screen but unsuccessful so far.
I've tried connecting hdmi to gpu directly.
The USB ports on the iO work so presuming the hdmi does also or does it need installed?
I had the ram in a2 b2 but then troubleshooting online someone suggest that the tomahawk sometimes needs to have ram in slots 3 and 4. So now I'm not sure.

I've been trying to solve this for over a week and really stressed now with it/ worried some part is broke.
I've kinda taken it apart and rebuilt it incase I got something wrong

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no one around me with the knowledge, thanks .

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020
Follow this guide, in case there is something you might have missed.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

Hey I followed everything in that guide I'm now getting the vga light on, I have changed pcie slots, on mobo, tryed all pcie inputs on psu. Restart the cmos, tried every variation of ram positions. Pressed the restart bois button.
I'm gunna borrow my friends gpu to ensure it's not doa.
Another suggestions want this rig finished so bad.
Thanks D.

Hey I followed everything in that guide I'm now getting the vga light on, I have changed pcie slots, on mobo, tryed all pcie inputs on psu. Restart the cmos, tried every variation of ram positions. Pressed the restart bois button.
I'm gunna borrow my friends gpu to ensure it's not doa.
Another suggestions want this rig finished so bad.
Thanks D.
Have you tried booting with the graphics card in the 2nd x16 slot?

Aug 12, 2020
Thanks for the quick reply, yeh I have tryed both slots.
When I try without ram the small mobo fan keeps running and obviously dram light on, them add ram fan cuts out and vga appears.