New build, no display, no post, no beep, boot loop

mateen.masoomy

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Hi everyone, first time posting here.

I decided to upgrade my previous build with new parts, which basically amounted to a new computer once all the parts were here. Because I staggered my purchases, I know for sure that there aren't any problems with my gpu and psu since I was already using them.

So, after putting everything together and hitting the power button (and crossing my fingers and sending a silent prayer to the computer gods) everything turned on, the fans were spinning, success! Except... there were no beeps, no post, and no display (monitor didn't recognize any input). After about half a minute, the system restarted, and continued this cycle until I shut it off.

I've tried reconnecting all cables, putting the ram in different slots, using only 1 stick, booting without the gpu, booting without ram, and it all results in the same thing.

What I haven't tried is reseating the cpu because when I did something similar on my last build I bent the pins on a cpu and killed it. I'm paranoid, and would like to avoid it at all costs.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be, and/or how I can fix it?

Components:
ASRock AB350M Pro4
Ryzen 5 1600x
Thermaltake Contac Silent 12 CPU cooler
Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound (didn't use the stock one that came with the cooler)
Asus Radeon RX480 Dual Series 8gb OC edition
G Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 16gb dual channel CL16-18-18-38

Please ask for any relevant information I failed to provide.

mateen.masoomy

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

Very true haha. Thanks for answering the thread so quick. To close this off do I just have to pick a post as the solution?

TRENDING THREADS