[SOLVED] New Build, No Display, only one hint of doing POST

Jun 17, 2020
I am building my own PC for the first time in a few years. I have everything assembled and will power on. Everything appears to be working, except I get no display on my monitor. Just now it gave me a beep code which was because I didn't have a keyboard plugged in.

Solution
I have purchased an Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor and
and PC Part Picker is giving me this error: Some Intel H370 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Coffee Lake Refresh CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
Does anyone know if this is why my new PC build won't show anything on my display?
Probably. That board has a poor power phase not sure I would even use the board with that processor.

Takes the F11 BIOS version of the board.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/H370M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-cpu
Jun 17, 2020

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have purchased an Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor and
and PC Part Picker is giving me this error: Some Intel H370 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Coffee Lake Refresh CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
Does anyone know if this is why my new PC build won't show anything on my display?
Probably. That board has a poor power phase not sure I would even use the board with that processor.

Takes the F11 BIOS version of the board.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/H370M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-cpu

Last edited:
Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'll second what Zerk said. It's always good to check compatibility issues before your purchase, not after!

In any case, this is a completely inappropriate board to be using with an i9-9900k, even if technically compatible. If you want a Ferrari, you have to pay extra for the stuff that goes with owning a Ferrari. Return it and get a proper Z390 motherboard; a Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro is about as cheap I'd go with this CPU.