Question New build no display

Sep 20, 2020
I have Msi Mag b550 tomahawk motherboard I skipped POST and assembled everything and now my CPU,vga and boot ez debug led lights up on the start and then CPU blinks couple of times and turns off vga turns off and boot remains lighted and after couple of minutes it returns off too but sometimes when I clear cmos and start again I get bios menu for 10 second and then Display goes blank. If you are reading this or anyone reading this. Please help

Sep 20, 2020
Hi DILIP@028.

What is your full system specs please including the psu brand and model?
Msi Mag b550 tomahawk motherboard
Ryzen 5 3500 cpu
Adata xpg rgb RAM 8 x 2
Samsung 500 GB SATA SSD
Msi Ventus 1660 Super
Corsair vs 650 80+ White
Td 500 Mesh
Antec prizm 1200 mm 3x Fans with 2 LED strips
Samsung LED Monitor with VGA to DVI converter

NOTE : I need to mention that while i turned on after connecting everything with blank SSD and no bootable USB or DVD .i got into BIOS Menu for about 10 to 15 seconds and then monitor went blank and then i pressed ctrl+alt+del and my keyboard lights turned off and and turned back on after couple of seconds and the motherboard ez debug LED was in red light where it says BIOS.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020
Update. I prepared a bootable USB flash and then turned on now the display stays on and I installed the windows as well. Now the issue Iam facing here is delay in powering on .the PC turns on couple seconds after I press the power button and first the fan turns on and the ram light lights up one by one and CPU red light in ez debug lights and goes off and same with vga debug led and then everything runs

Sep 20, 2020
Update. I prepared a bootable USB flash and then turned on now the display stays on and I installed the windows as well. Now the issue Iam facing here is delay in powering on .the PC turns on couple seconds after I press the power button and first the fan turns on and the ram light lights up one by one and CPU red light in ez debug lights and goes off and same with vga debug led and then everything runs

may i know how you prepare your bootable USB flash? i am using the same motherboard as you but using NVMe SSD instead

Sep 20, 2020
Just use Microsoft MCT, (Media Creation Tool) and let it make appropriate W10 version on USB drive (8GB at least).

i using a 8gb usb drive but its like 7.45 due to idk what,does that affects it too?

cause i tried downloading it from bootable device but it keeps showing windows icon and refreshing circles

Sep 20, 2020
may i know how you prepare your bootable USB flash? i am using the same motherboard as you but using NVMe SSD instead
Just type download windows 10 in Google Chrome and once you download installation media it asks if you want to flash it to USB or to download ISO image plug in a pendrive above 8gb and start flashing your USB by selecting flash to USB option if you have ISO already go and download Rufus and create a windows bootable pendrive YouTube videos will help you

Sep 20, 2020
Just type download windows 10 in Google Chrome and once you download installation media it asks if you want to flash it to USB or to download ISO image plug in a pendrive above 8gb and start flashing your USB by selecting flash to USB option if you have ISO already go and download Rufus and create a windows bootable pendrive YouTube videos will help you

i tried rufus though but it shows two bootable partitions and i chose the first one but it doesnt work ;/

Sep 20, 2020

is there a chance u could send the ISO via google drive ? could be the windows 10 issue from my laptop

Sep 20, 2020
Sorry Bruv i do not have ISO file. I flashed win 10 directly to USB and your 8 GB, even though if it has like 7.45 due to idk is not an issue. Find the below link for step by step process , hope it helps.
View: https://youtu.be/kog1To38504

i think i did it correctly , now the issue is that i can detect my NVme M.2 under my storage but i cannot set it as my bootup priority .

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EXzolf57xE&t=127s&ab_channel=MSIGaming

in this video , at 2:08 i dont have this option M.2/Optane Genie where i can set it as priority boot drive .

Sep 20, 2020