[SOLVED] New Build- No Display?

Jan 21, 2021
Helloo.

I just built my first PC, I'm brand new and a bit lost. I finally got everything together, the pc on, fans run, lights come on, but monitor only shows "No VGA cable". It is plugged straight from the monitor to the GPU. I also tried to use hdmi-hdmi instead of VGA, same error. Also plugged monitor to motherboard, same error. I can't get into the bios or install any drivers without display. Everything is new except the graphics card, it was bought used. ALSO- The keyboard will only come on in 1 usb port, and the mouse will not work in any ports. Please help!

All of my parts:

Monitor
-Dell - SE2719HR 27" IPS LED FHD FreeSync Monitor (HDMI, VGA)

Motherboard
-ASUS PRIME B450M-A AMD B450 Socket AM4 Micro ATX

GPU
-Gigabyte VCX GV-RX570GAMING-4GD REV2.0 AORUS Radeon RX 570 4G GR5 PCIE HDMI DP

PSU
-EVGA - W3 Series 450W ATX 12V/EPS 12V 80 Plus Power Supply

CPU
-AMD Ryzen 5 1600

RAM
-CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2PK 8GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting

SSD
-Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, up to 560MB/s - CT1000MX500SSD1

Last edited:
Solution
Since the Ryzen 5 1600 lacks iGPU, connecting the monitor to the motherboard won't give you any video signal.

Are the RAM modules installed in slots A2 & B2 ....2nd and 4th slots counting from the CPU socket?

Did you try changing input to HDMI on the monitor?

The Dell SE2719HR has a VGA port but I don't thin the RX570 has any VGA connections. So the only way you could connect them (monitor & GPU) together is with a HDMI cable.
Since the Ryzen 5 1600 lacks iGPU, connecting the monitor to the motherboard won't give you any video signal.

Are the RAM modules installed in slots A2 & B2 ....2nd and 4th slots counting from the CPU socket?

The Dell SE2719HR has a VGA port but I don't thin the RX570 has any VGA connections. So the only way you could connect them (monitor & GPU) together is with a HDMI cable.

Solution
Jan 21, 2021

Yes, the RAM is in the correct spots, and the monitor settings were changed to HDMI. It still gave the error that the hdmi is not connected to device. It is plugged straight into the graphics card. The cords are also new, so is the monitor, so I'm not sure if I'm still doing something wrong, or if its a faulty graphics card.

TRENDING THREADS