[SOLVED] New build no post. Plz help

Apr 28, 2021
New build. No beeps and no post no matter what I do. I’ve tried ram in different slots. Everything is plugged in. Even tried a 1080 video card that I know works and still nothing. The vga and boot lights or on and don’t go off. What is the issue? Bad motherboard?

All the fans and led work.

Solution
It's a decent unit made by a reputable manufacturer. "High Power" is the brand name for Sirfa power supplies. They make power supplies for Zalman, Rosewill, Silverstone, Silentium, etc.

This particular unit seems to be a cost down version of the GP600B-HP EVO. I haven't seen a tear down of it, but it looks like they swapped the fan out for a cheaper sleeve bearing fan and it may not have Japanese brand caps like the EVO.

RTX 3090 has transient load spikes and could trigger your PSU protection shutting down the system. It happened a lot even with known and good 850 watts PSU. Seasonics even said that in their lab they saw spikes to 550 watts on the RTX 3090.

Read the post below for cool information.

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
I cannot find a review for the power supply, and half of the mentions of it seem to be right here on these forums.

I am very suspicious of any power supplies from "no-name" brands like this.

Do you have a known working quality power supply you can test with.?

It's a decent unit made by a reputable manufacturer. "High Power" is the brand name for Sirfa power supplies. They make power supplies for Zalman, Rosewill, Silverstone, Silentium, etc.

This particular unit seems to be a cost down version of the GP600B-HP EVO. I haven't seen a tear down of it, but it looks like they swapped the fan out for a cheaper sleeve bearing fan and it may not have Japanese brand caps like the EVO.

RTX 3090 has transient load spikes and could trigger your PSU protection shutting down the system. It happened a lot even with known and good 850 watts PSU. Seasonics even said that in their lab they saw spikes to 550 watts on the RTX 3090.

Read the post below for cool information.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/k5lgm4/psa_3090_3080_transient_load_spikes_north_of_500w/

This is not the issue tho. The system would still POST and the shutdown would happen at load.

Recorded peak power draw of a 11900K is 332 Watts (Oced). Add that to the RTX 3090 and the spikes + the rest of your system and you can see that you have an issue here.

Did you test the second PCIe slot?

Test with the 750 watts too. Just to see if it's a faulty 800 watts PSU.

Last edited:
Solution

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
Thanks for the heads up about High Power and whom they OEM for. And also for noting the crazy spikes of the 3090 (haven't got my glasses on and read it as 3080 anyway 😂)

To the OP, try it to test whether or not it posts.

if a new PC doesn't POST it's generally only a handful of things, PSU, motherboard or connections.

i am not familiar with whether or not Socket 1200 based systems with KF CPU's will turn on/POST without a GPU 🤔

Last edited:
The FIRST thing you ought to do is pull the CPU and check the motherboard for bent pins.

If there are none, then a minimal hardware bench test SHOULD be able to at least more definitely narrow down whether it's actually the motherboard or not.