[SOLVED] New Build No Post. (PSU flashing red light, Mobo power light red)

Feb 24, 2020
Hi,

Just build first PC but no Post.

I followed the no-post steps in the stickies, breadboarding etc.

When I switch power on, the PSU flashes a red LED light on/off with clicking sound. The motherboard has a power button that is lit up red. No fans spinning.

There is nothing in manual or the internet I can find to explain flashing red light.

Self-testing PSU is fine (shows green light and fans spin).

PSU is Corsair AX1600i .

I would really appreciate any suggestions as to what the problem might be here.

I'm a noob but I read up and watched a ton of tutorials.

Thanks

J

Solution
Check if every cable is pluggedbin correctly. Be also carefull not to switch the cpu power cablenwith the gpu power cable. If red light still flashes, connect only the 24 pin and the 4/8pin to the motherboard (cpu and mobo power). Only put in cpu and cooler. If the light still flashes red, it's either cpu or mobo.

If not, shut down, plug another thing into the pc and start. That way you will see which componement is causing the issue

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Check if every cable is pluggedbin correctly. Be also carefull not to switch the cpu power cablenwith the gpu power cable. If red light still flashes, connect only the 24 pin and the 4/8pin to the motherboard (cpu and mobo power). Only put in cpu and cooler. If the light still flashes red, it's either cpu or mobo.

If not, shut down, plug another thing into the pc and start. That way you will see which componement is causing the issue

Reactions: northernsky
Solution

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Hi,

Just build first PC but no Post.

I followed the no-post steps in the stickies, breadboarding etc.

When I switch power on, the PSU flashes a red LED light on/off with clicking sound. The motherboard has a power button that is lit up red. No fans spinning.

There is nothing in manual or the internet I can find to explain flashing red light.

Self-testing PSU is fine (shows green light and fans spin).

PSU is Corsair AX1600i .

I would really appreciate any suggestions as to what the problem might be here.

I'm a noob but I read up and watched a ton of tutorials.

Thanks

J

Did you solve it?

TRENDING THREADS