[SOLVED] New build, no post, silent speaker, and will turn on, but not turn off from power switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2019
Before anyone asks. Yes ive seen some similar posts, but nothing has helped me find a solution. Ive been troubleshooting relentlessly to no avail. Sorry if some of the content in here seems repetitive.

Build:
Ryzen 5 1600x
ARCTIC Alpine 64 Pro cpu cooler
Gigabyte a320m-s2h am4 micro atx motherboard
Corsair vengeance 2400hz ddr4 ram
Corsair cx430m power supply
Radeon Hd 7850
No hard drives/peripherals connected

To begin. The 430w psu and graphics card are recycled parts, the rest are brand new.

When the parts arrived, i assembled everything together within the case (should have used a bread board I realise now), including drives. Upon powering the pc up using the case power switch. The power led turns on and all fans spin, but no post, and when I tried to turn the system off the power switch did not do anything and I was forced to unplug.

A small detail was the power led flashing when i held the power switch to try and turn it off, i couldnt find any information on this and dont know what it means.

I took everything out and placed it on cardboard to test with the core compoments (psu,ram,cpu), turned on again but same problem with power switch, put gpu back in and tried another port. Still no post. Also tried switching ram to alternate slots.

Acquired a case speaker from amazon and tested the build with the speaker on breadboard. No post and no silent speaker. Took out gpu, still silent. Took out gpu and ram. Silent. Not even a beep for missing ram. Reset the bios by taking out the cmos battery and holding the power switch. Put the battery back in and tried again. No changes.

At this point i went through the checklist mentioned in countless other threads, triple checking connections and making sure there was no chance of shorts. Checked motherboard support and the bios should support the cpu from version F1. Just could not make progress.

Tested cpu, motherboard and ram with a friends 600w corsair psu. Known to work as he uses it everyday. Same problem as mentioned before. No post. No beeps. Cant turn off.

Returned motherboard, and breadboarded with new motherboard upon arrival (same a320). Absolutely Identical symptoms. No beeps, no post. Nothing.

That leaves it to the cpu right? The cpu must be the issue in my mind. I honestly dont know else it could be. What options do I have other than rma'ing the cpu too and just restarting from there.

Sorry for the long post. If any other details are needed i can provide. If anyone else has experienced similar problems and could share some insight/possible solutions it would be appreciated more than you can imagine.

Thank you so much for reading!

Solution
Your old psu could be dead. I don't have any way of knowing if it's the psu or the motherboard or CPU, was just giving you an option before returning the cpu
Jan 25, 2019
I could try the new mobo with the friends psu, but since Ive already tried the new mobo with my current psu could it already be fried? In that case id have to rma the board twice (which i hope is possible, but im assuming the blame is on me and id have to buy the new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.