Question New build: no power to new mobo (psu is good). Doa mobo or possibly cpu?

bostonkris34

Honorable
Mar 9, 2017
Hi everyone, this forum saved me 5 years ago when I built my previous PC - hoping you good people can help me again!

After a bios flash my old system (z270) will no longer post. Frustrating but good excuse for a rebuild upgrade. I decided to dive in with a new build leveraging a few existing parts:
  • Asus x570 E Gaming (new)
  • Ryzen 5900X (new)
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600 16GB, 2x8 (new)
  • ASUS FTW 1080ti (existing)
  • EVGA 850 P2 (existing)
  • Corsair H100i v2 (existing)
  • Meshify 2 Compact case (new
Obviously I invested a lot of money and time to get this together. I read and followed the MOBO manual as best I could - as well as watched several online videos while hooking everything up. Finally I was done and so excited to turn it on. I plugged it in, flipped on the power and - NOTHING happened. The only thing is I can tell are a couple slowly blinking white lights on the GPU.

I checked all the power connections and even replaced the 24pin mobo cable. Then I hooked up the psu to my z270. I immediately got lights. And when I jumped the mobo pins with a screwdriver, the PSU fired to life. So the psu is fine.

When I do the exact same thing with thr NEW mobo I get nothing. I'm assuming this is a DOA mobo and needs to be replaced. Could it also be a cpu issue though? I'm panicking that perhaps I bent a pin or seated it wrong as it is my first time working with ryzen (but I tripled checked and it seated into the socket like butter). Anyway I would assume if the cpu is bad, the mobo lights and fans would still activate when jumped. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS