[SOLVED] New Build no power

Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I have tried to do my first build and thought I had done it correctly and followed lots of guides but when I put the power on there was nothing. I’ve tried all the items in the sticky and done the paper clip test which made the fan on the power pack run so don’t think it’s the PSU.

there are no lights on the motherboard (MSI MPG x570 gaming plus) or in the case. Wondering if it’s a faulty motherboard? Any other suggestions?

thanks!

Solution
Only thing probably to try is taking the motherboard out of the case and test by breadboarding.

Motherboard on a non conductive underground like the box the motherboard came in and only one cpu plus one stick of ram, see if this boots into the bios. Probably need the gpu too if not using an APU.

Forgot to mention checking the pins on the cpu, see if one or more are bent.

You can post some pictures of the motherboard now if you want, make a few of different sections/angles and post them here,

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Only thing probably to try is taking the motherboard out of the case and test by breadboarding.

Motherboard on a non conductive underground like the box the motherboard came in and only one cpu plus one stick of ram, see if this boots into the bios. Probably need the gpu too if not using an APU.

Forgot to mention checking the pins on the cpu, see if one or more are bent.

You can post some pictures of the motherboard now if you want, make a few of different sections/angles and post them here,

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Last edited:
Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi All,

I have tried to do my first build and thought I had done it correctly and followed lots of guides but when I put the power on there was nothing. I’ve tried all the items in the sticky and done the paper clip test which made the fan on the power pack run so don’t think it’s the PSU.

there are no lights on the motherboard (MSI MPG x570 gaming plus) or in the case. Wondering if it’s a faulty motherboard? Any other suggestions?

thanks!

It would be helpful to give us all your specs, not just the motherboard.