[SOLVED] New Build, No Signal

fro0tlo0p

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2013
I just bought an AMD FX-8350 (no integrated graphics) with an ASROCK 970m Pro 3 mobo to upgrade my old system. I've checked and double checked to make sure everything is plugged in properly. When I power it on, I can confirm:

1. The system is receiving power (the fans are all spinning)
  2. The USB flash drive where I have my Windows installation and updated BIOS files is receiving power (but doesn't appear to read)
  3. The HDMI cable to the monitor is plugged into the GPU.

All I get on my monitor is "No Signal" There's no beep codes to give me any indication of what may be wrong.

Any ideas would be deeply appreciated.

Solution
I just bought an AMD FX-8350 (no integrated graphics) with an ASROCK 970m Pro 3 mobo to upgrade my old system. I've checked and double checked to make sure everything is plugged in properly. When I power it on, I can confirm:

2. The USB flash drive where I have my Windows installation and updated BIOS files is receiving power (but doesn't appear to read)
All I get on my monitor is "No Signal" There's no beep codes to give me any indication of what may be wrong.

Buy a speaker for the motherboard if you don't have one their like 5 bucks for 2...

fro0tlo0p

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2013
Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Buy a speaker for the motherboard if you don't have one their like 5 bucks for 2
https://www.amazon.com/Motherboard-...rds=Motherboard+Speaker&qid=1627164041&sr=8-4

My first thought would be bent processor pins if everything is connected correctly.

Solution