[SOLVED] New build - no video output

Dec 26, 2018
I have already gone through all the major steps in the sticky in the forum here.

I have built a new desktop, the motherboard is powering up and fans are whirring but there is no video output (HDMI).

My specs:

• GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 5 2400G CPU
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) RAM
    Corsair VS650 650 W PSU
    Kingston SA400S37/240G SSD

I've tried:

• Thorough read of motherboard user guide to ensure everything is in the right place and has adequate power
    Checking compatibility of RAM with motherboard (wasn't easy but it seems it should be compatible from browsing other forums with people with the same specs that can boot)
    Swapping RAM, and just using one to boot (and trying vice versa)
    Checking motherboard is fixed to case correctly and nothing could be causing a short
    Ensuring CPU is connected properly and pins not bent
    Ensuring CPU thermal paste isn't spread too liberally
    Resetting the CMOS
    Checking all components are tight in their sockets
    Consistently throughout the build I made sure I was grounded, to prevent any static damage

I would really appreciate any help, i'm struggling! I don't have a motherboard speaker to try and debug.

Dec 26, 2018
How can i check the current BIOS version of the motherboard (as shipped)? Seems a pain to fix, as I'll have to get it sent back to the manufacture.

Update: I've messaged the manufacturers with the SN to check. The BIOS version is indeed not up-to-date for the processor, I will send off the motherboard for a BIOS upgrade. Will post back if this fixes the issue

TRENDING THREADS