Question New build: no video, red led's for CPU and DIMMs on motherboard

Sep 13, 2020
Hi, everyone. Just completed a new build using logicalincrements.com's "Good" build. I don't get any video signal and I have the CPU and DIMM led's lit on the mobo. More troubleshooting steps below.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1660

Mobo: MSI x470 gaming plus max

RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw v series (2 x 8GB)

SSD: 512GB Intel 660p M.2

Power: EVGA 500

What have I done? I've reseated every single part twice (DIMMs, CPU, GPU, all Mobo power, fan, cpu cable connections). I've tried booting with just one dimm or both, no difference. DIMMS are in slots 2 and 4. GPU is in slot PCI_E1. SSD is in M2_1.

What happens: when powered on I get three red lights on the Mobo (one for each DIMM, one for the CPU). All fans are on and I have power to the GPU. My monitor does not get a signal from the GPU. I've used HDMI and DP. I've tried the MoBo HDMI and no matter what I can't get a video signal. Is there anything obvious I am missing? Do you need any more information?

Thank you in advance!

Sep 13, 2020
Thank you for your reply! Not that I could tell. I removed it twice, looked at it closely each time, and reseated it. It reseated without any unusual pressure (i.e., it slipped into the holes as it should).