New Build, No Video, Stuck, Assist Needed

KnurledNut

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
I'm trying to boot my new ITX system I just built. I went through the troubleshooting sticky with no luck.

BIOSTAR A681-350 MB
Ripjaw 8gb
MI-008 case w/ 250w PSU

The system runs, but no video.

First I connected the 4-pin power supply connector as suggested in the troubleshooter. Would not run at all.

Then I connected the 4-pin connector next to the 20-pin connector on the MB, everything runs, but no video.

The I tried one stick of RAM, no luck. Runs, but no video.

I have also tried the VGA and HDMI connectors separately and tried different monitor and smart TV's. No video.

I don't know what else to do. I checked BIOSTAR's website but they have no video troubleshooting help for their MB's.

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Ok, so lets get to the root of the problem.
Un plug everything from the motherboard along with the video card and the ram.

You should have only the cpu, cpu cooler, power supply, power switch, and that speaker connected to the motherboard.
Turn the system on, there should be beeping.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Ok, so lets get to the root of the problem.
Un plug everything from the motherboard along with the video card and the ram.

You should have only the cpu, cpu cooler, power supply, power switch, and that speaker connected to the motherboard.
Turn the system on, there should be beeping.

Solution

KnurledNut

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

No video card. Everything else removed as instructed.

But I might have found the issue...

I noticed that there are 2 slightly different 4-pin connectors coming off the PSU. One is yellow w/o a locking tab. The other is white w/ a locking tab. Of course, which one did you think I used on the 4-pin locking tab connector? The yellow one w/o the tab.

Hold on for a couple...we'll see if I qualify for a DA award.